Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
sutty939,

I would guess at the economic climate, increasing costs and this is a very long flight for a charter operator so it's become unviable for them (ie they aren't making a return). I went with FCA about 18 months ago, it's a great place. As far alternatives, FCA/TOM were the only operator to PVR for package deals.

Darren
Hi Darren,
Thanks for that, we have been into the travel agents today who confirmed that no uk tour operator goes to PV. Our only option is to go Kuoni on scheduled flight, but as you can imagine this hikes the price up somewhat. We went to Playacar in Mexico earlier this year and fancied a change, think Cozumel or going back to Playacar defeats the object a little, so we have changed the holiday completely and are now going to Varadero in Cuba instead. :tup
Sutty,
I guess you are not flying from Gatwick then? Or you are not flying First Choice or Thomson. I tried to book Varadero for July 2009 and guess what, FC or Thomson are not flying there either. So for anyone looking at this option (from Gatwick) for next year it's only Thomas Cook or Virgin going to Varadero.
By the way TC goes via Holguin, adding extra onto the flying time.
All part of the cutbacks I guess.
Lorraine
Hi, Sutty939
What a shame fc have stopped flights to this resort. We went last sept to royal decameron in vallarta, it was fantastic. All decameron hotels are. They are a small company and really take care of their guests. You always feel safe in one of their hotels as security is strict :cry
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.