Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Hi
In answer to your questions it will depend on which island you are spending your 2nd week. ie does it have a house reef but in most cases to see the greatest variety you will have to snorkel in fairly deep water, as the coral near the beaches is bleached or damaged. A lot of the islands may loan/rent you a life jacket which may make you feel a little bit more secure and allow you to venture out of your depth or you can buy a blow up one from a local dive shop. Cant compare against Mexico never been. We were at Biyahdoo in June and the house reef was extraordinary , my partner is not a diver and said its the best they had ever been on and whilst there was plenty of reef fish eg Nemos and others near the beach, the best was if you snorkeled off the wall of the reef which was clear water. Some islands do take snorkelers to the Manta points so you may even get a chance to snorkel above them if you are really lucky
sg
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.