Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
I would recommend visiting mcdonalds before you go to the waterpark and terra mitica, they have vouchers that you get with your meal and you will save a lot of money using these. I have stayed at the Buena Vista, they are nice appts and quite near the waterpark. Have fun !!! :)
Stayed at the Buena Vista apartments last year. Nice apartments but a few things to bear in mind.
1. They sleep 4 but this is two single beds in the bedroom and a settee and a mattress in the loungs.
2. The area round the pool is rather shabby and doesn't get the sun much due to the Levante Club Hotel next door...which is where I'll be staying!
3. The on-site shop is more of a store-room for the bar nowadays but there are several supermarkets within 5 minutes walk.
4. The entertainment is adequate but if you want to get out there are several bars and restaurants on the main road in front of the Levante Club.

Other than that, Benidorm is fine. Avoid the 'Sony' shops that sell cheap camcorders, the 'win a holiday' scratchcards and the potato men.

If you go to any of the cabaret bars be aware that, whilst your children will be allowed in, the comedians are not exactly politically correct or PG rated.
Some really good Cabaret Bars near where you are staying actually, without having to go right into the main nightlife area...which itself is only about a 15 min walk away. Cabaret Bars near you with really good acts on including tribute acts, and my favourite Duo Deb n her are the Tropical Bar with a nice outdoor terrace too, also Rachels next door & the Rock and Roll house just further down the road heading beachwards.

Plenty of good acts on at Morgans Tavern, The Town, Talk Of The Coast, Valentines, Stardust etc as previously mentioned the Comics can be a touch risque sometimes, but most of those bars mainly have singers & tribute acts on, there's a Pink tribute that the younger ones might like too, in fact there's a tribute to most things! Lol!

Best Regards - Taggy
Hope you have a great time Biddulphian! :cheers

Best Regards - Taggy

PS...Do try & make time to visit the Old Town too, it has plenty of shops and authentic Tapas bars, much more Spanish than the new town, so is nice to visit both afternoon & evening. Easiest way is to either walk along Levante Prom till you cant walk no further & turn right. Or walk along Av De Meddeteraneo to the end & turn left!
If you feel like any trips out try the train to Denia for the scenery or a bus trip to Altea ,nice front and a climb up to the old town and church is worth the effort.Guardelest in the mountains is different , great views and a bit of history as well
The advice about going to McDonalds before going to Aqualandia, Mundomar or Terra Mitica is good. By getting the right vouchers you can save 50% on admission charges. I buy the vouchers off Ebay before I go to make sure I get good ones. So what if someone makes £1.50 for a free voucher if it saves me thirty quid! There are a LOT of different vouchers, some only save you a few euros, others save you a fortune. Never book the parks through a rep or a ticket agency.
As has been discussed on another thread there are not as many people going as ten years ago so if you want "atmosphere" you need to be a bit more choosy about where you go than in the days when you struggled to find a table anywhere. There's nothing worse than being in a club with a comedian working to a crowd of five people. Go in one of the bars that are always full (Morgans Tavern for example) and then talk to people who have obviously been on holiday for a week or so to find other places to try. If you walk in somewhere that is empty, just turn round and walk out again. Never worry about upsetting the "props" who just persuaded you to go in the place! On the subject of props (the people who stand outside seemingly every club trying to persuade you to go in) don't believe a word they say, they will happily send families with twelve year old kids into sex shows!
If you need transport to get to theme parks etc use the buses. It's not like the UK, buses are cheap, there are loads of them and they run until all hours. It's the same price however far you go, even places way outside town like Terra Mitica.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.