Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
A quick update on this one guys.

Dates tentatively fixed for:

August 23rd (Monday) to August 31st (Tuesday). 7 night package with Club 18-30. Looking to stay in either Avenue or Mariner (£40 extra). Total cost comes to around £400 (flight+transfers+hotel).

What do you think about the dates? Will Sunny Beach be busy at that time for parties and young people??

Thanks in advance!

TC,

K
Yes, very lively.

Too lively for me, much prefer quieter resorts at a quieter time of year.

Enjoy yourselves, have a great time, but respect the families with young children who will also be there.

Patka
Thanks for the info Patka. I promise we will take care to respect the families :tup

Just one more thing,.. it now looks like our trip is going to be from Aug 28 (Saturday) to September 4 (Saturday).

Is this cutting it too fine..??

..don't really want to come all the way over there and not be in the thick of the parties and fun times.. will the resort still be heaving?

Please advise.
You will be OK then but don't leave it any later than that.

Patka
Sunny Beach should still be very busy at the end of August. You should have a great time. The Avenue is right in the centre, close to some of the night clubs, Mania (which is mostly Bulgarian), Revolution and Den Glen Viking. The party crew organise bar crawls,and visit about 6bars and 2nightclubs (Revolution and Disco Orange). The price last year was about 10lev which included entrance and a drink or shot in each bar.
Just be careful where you change your money. For cash, I find that the STRING exchange in the Avenue centre is the best rate. Otherwise use a Nationwide Flex account card (if you have one,obviously) at ATMs. There are no charges whatsoever with this card. Be careful if approached by 'young ladies', especially near McDonalds on Flower Street. They will be after your wallet and certainly dont agree to go for a 'walk' on the beach with them!!
Wow... thanks for all the info HMJ. Will take note of that. Was wondering that if we go by ourselves, and not via Thomas Cook's Club 18-30 holidays, how will we find the party organisers to get into cool parties with. You say there are local party organisers? That sounds good. Any idea where we can find them.. or will information be available at every hotel's reception desk?
Go to the main "party Square" in Sunny Beach. You wont have to look for the party.
If you are a bit out from the centre jump on a bus. Only 1lev. If you get a taxi, get the price agreed before you get in, and make sure you start with a really low offer. Walk away if you cant get a price, plenty of good drivers who wont rip you off, but a few who will.

Be careful with the "ladies" who will approach you, and dont just drink in the noisy clubs, they can be a bit pricey.
Noticed a sign in Jacks Bar about the 'Party Crew'. You cant miss this bar, its on the corner by the Kuban Hotel (Tall tower block) on Flower Street.
Thank You for the information justjoe and HMJ. So I get in touch with the "Party Crew" and they will tel us about the parties, boat parties and pub crawls they are organising yeah? Nice one.

Looks like we might be going during my birthday in July or August end. One of those two.. depends on whether one of my friends get his leave approved. We are a party of four. Going via Balkan Holidays looks like... either Royal Central hotel or Alba... dunno yet, could be another one. Will look at the deals and book, next week sometime.

Should be good!!
Royal Central and Alba are good locations. Both in the centre. Of the two hotels I would think the Alba is the best. Good luck.
Hey peeps, I'm part of the 4-man strong contingent going to Sunny Beach, Bulgaria. Really looking forward to it.

Would I be right in saying that Hotel Alba is recommended over Royal Central? I only thought of Royal Central because me and another mate went there 2 years ago, and considered it a possibility. However, A LOT can change in 2 years, and if we get recommendations about other better hotels, I'm all for it.

Booking tonight so looking forward to a sunny, exciting, non-start party holiday away with the guys!!!

Jay
YAY !! Jay hath joined!!! :-)))) Welcome bruv.

Folks, Jay, self and a couple of others are booking up Sunny Beach for the week July 17th (Saturday) to July 24 (Saturday).

Booking via Balkan Hoildays and the total comes to around £400-ish for flights, transfers to and from Bourgas and hotel.

Didn't see the Alba in that list... but Royal Central is there. Jay and his friend stayed there in 2007. Found it all right then.

Any last minute tips before we book the thang!!??

Thanks all y'all :-)

TC,

K
Hey peeps, we have booked our holiday now.

We're off to Sunny Beach on July 17th, for 1 week, staying at Royal Central. I think the guys were a little dissapointed that there is no pool (except for the plunge pool on the roof). Are there any hotels that would let us use their pool or perhaps communual pools around?

Really looking forward to it now!! Lads holiday; it's gonna be great! Wanna see if the place is still there where me and my mate had 15+ tequilas every night lol. Still woke up sober the next day. Crazy!!!

Jay
Wanna see if the place is still there where me and my mate had 15+ tequilas every night lol. Still woke up sober the next day. Crazy!!!

Are they still watering down the spirits?

Peter
I don't think they ever were. One of the nights I had my first shot and it tasted like the tequila back at home with real potency. But all in all for 50p and what you get, I don't think there's much room for complaint. It will have been 2 years since I went there, so hopefully not much has changed from what I remember.

But I'm still looking forward to it nonetheless. Joining in with the bar crawls, getting hammered (but enjoying onesself) and stuffinf me face with all the food they have. I remember one place having a HUGE skillet of meat and chicken which my mate had the last time. May be tempted for that this time.

Jay
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.