Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
You'll have a great time in Bitez and May is a lovely time of the year to visit (all our friends in Bodrum, Gumbet and Bitez reckon May and September are the best months to go). The weather will be lovely, not too sure how warm the pools will be but the sea will be okay once you get used to it. Sorry can't comment on the hotel as not familiar with it. Bitez is lovely and relaxing and May will be less rushed than the busier months. Everybody is in a great mood 'cos the season's just started and they're enjoying work. If you like Chinese food, try Salmakis restaurant on the beach walkway, maybe a little pricier than some of the others but the food is great.

Yes there are ATMs in Bitez - there's some just past the mosque on the beach walkway that are easy to find. We always use our Nationwide cards in there. You'll have a great chilling week and if you want a livelier night, get a taxi (only cheap) into Gumbet where it's livelier (as lively or as quiet as you want depending on where you go). We have a house on the Gumbet/Konacik/Bitez border and love the area. If you want a day out, get the dolmus to Bodrum - it's a nice place to have a look round and the shopping's great. Or catch another dolmus from Bodrum and visit one of the other resorts on the peninsula.

For a really chilling day, go on a boat trip. Just pick your spot on the deck and lay there all day - or if you're feeling a bit energetic, jump into the sea for a swim. Last time we went on a boat trip, I woke up to find everybody else asleep! It's a great way to get a tan as well as the breeze means you can lie out longer (just be careful you don't burn - the voice of experience speaking here!).

Make sure you haggle in the shops - if you like genuine fake designer handbags, you'll be in your element! For real stuff, look at the jewellery (and smile nicely at your boyfriend). A lot is 14 carat gold and you get things cheaper than over here. They can also make you what you want as well. My daugher got engaged in Gumbet two years ago. She went to the jewellers in the afternoon, chose her diamond, chose her setting and picked the ring up that evening. She paid £350 for it and the jewellers here at home valued it at over £1000. Every time we go back to Gumbet (about 5 times a year), the jewellers look at her ring and clean it for her!

Don't forget to take £10 each with you for your visa at the airport. When you're coming home (boo!), take some food and drink with you (you can take liquids through security unlike the UK) as prices are expensive at Bodrum airport.

So that's just a few tips. If you want to know more, just give me a shout. I love the area and could talk about it for hours - and sometimes do!
Bitez is a lovely resort for having a chill out holiday and the Ambrosia is a nice hotel, right on the beach. All you need to do in the evenings is walk along the beach and you will find lots of lovely restaurants, a few shops and a couple of bars. May is lovely weather, hot during the day but not scorching and warm most evenings.

If you fancy a lively night out Gumbet is just 5 minutes away by taxi or you can get the dolmus into Bodrum. Bodrum is also good for shopping, there is a weekly market on a Tuesday and lots of shops, as Jakki says have a go at haggling, it's great fun and you can get some real bargains.

I too would recommend a boat trip, or you could do a jeep safari. Both are good days out.

You don't need to go into Bodrum for money, thre are a couple of ATMs right on the beach.

I used to live near Bodrum so just ask if you want to know anything else and have a great trip :sun2

Kedi x
Thank you so much for you replies, Im so excited about our holiday. I cant wait to get there!!! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.