Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Flight change
31 Posts
Is this Balkan Holidays playing 'silly beggars' again, June?
Annoying isnt it. Sure lots of posters will feel irritated with flight/times changes by Balkan. They seem to make a habit of it.
It is not only Balkan Holidays, one Irish company has changed flights from a Monday to a Friday and if you look at Gatwick flights, there are many amalgamations of Three different airlines on to just one flight, this is happening daily.
Tonyt

Yes I had read about this. A few hours is bad enough but to change by days.. must make life very difficult for those who have had to plan annual leave at work.
Flight should have left on friday 3July at 6-30 on Friday evening Now it is Saturday the 4 july 9 in the morning ,so a very early rise going and coming back now have to try and get the car parking changed :rage
At least Balkan are consistent that is 6 from 7 years we have had changes to our holiday this is the third day of flight change but the first time we will have the pleasure of an internal flight before we get to Varna (have I tempted fate here assuming we are flying to Varna)

The early flight time "what joy" as we stay in Ayrshire Scotland .

I know Tony says it's not just Balkan .....but when you want to fly to Varna then I'm afraid it is just Balkan & to have your original holiday changed 6 times in 7 years is out of order, but if you want to fly to Varna then I'm afraid they have you by the dangly bits :rage :omg :(
My travel agent told us there are lots of changes to flight times from Balkans .Said that they are not getting the flights full ,so thats the reason for stopping at another airport to fill the plane .A pain in the butt,as you have all that sitting about :sad :angel2 Not including all the other arrangments that you have made and have got to change :yikes
Our flight was changed this week by Balkan,from 0900 dep to 1625 dep, i wasn't that happy about it but reading some of the stuff on here i think it could have been worse.
I was onto my travel agent today they say I can have a full refund or change my holiday details......not decided what to do yet :que
Hi Stephen like you we can get a full refund to .Dont know what we are doing either ,going into travel agents on Monday then will decide what we are doing. :que June :cry
We stopped using Balkan about 5/6 years ago due to similar problems then, so this is not a new issue with them. We have since used XL (until they went under), Thomsons or Thomas Cook.
This year due to flight times we enquired with Balkan for a flight for 3weeks in June and they quoted £1300+ for 3 seats! We are now booked with Easyjet, Manchester to Sofia at a total cost of £433.
This year due to flight times we enquired with Balkan for a flight for 3weeks in June and they quoted £1300+ for 3 seats!

Hardly surprising, as they would potentially lose the capability to sell three full holiday packages for both your outbound & inbound dates - that's why their 'flight only' offers are so expensive - unless they are 'last minute' offers to just fill empty seats.
We have decided to go on the holiday as we love Varna area ....but Balkan are scum as far as we are concerned they do this time & time again, I used to think this only happened to Scots hence why we booked an English airport ....guess it happens to everyone ...Balkan are the pits ....but they have travellers that want to fly to Varna by the nether regions
we have been to bulgaria 4 times with balkan and never had our flight changed once we are going again on the 4th of july with balkan so reading all you're reviews i better prepare myself for a flight change fingers crossed it wont happen x x :tup
I know the Glasgow flight has been changed but only by a few hours,as know someone how is flying from Glasgow .The flight from Newcastle has been put forward from 6 pm friday to 9am saturday.Like DOA we have just decided to go as its the only Balkans that flys to Varna from Newcastle june :que :(
Thomas Cook tried this with us 2 years ago. Swapped our Glasgow flight to Newcastle, with no offer of a reduction, or paying our fares to Newcastle. It was take it or leave it. So we left it and took our full refund.Managed to get other flights, but it put our holiday dates out by 2 days, which is ok if your work is flexible.

This years fares are shocking. We are going in June from Glasgow to Bourgas at £260 each. We want to go back in August, but Glasgow flights are all well over £300.Tried Edinburgh, and got a better deal with First Choice, but its not exactly a bargain.
Just back from Travel agent out bound flight from Newcastle 9-10am stop off at East Midlands to pick up passengers approximatley 60 minutes and flight return is 5-10 am from Varna arriving at Newcastle 8-10 A big diffrence from what i was first told Stanstead Airport :que So Golden Sands here we come :cheers :sun2
balkan flight on 19th june from manchester has changed to 5pm but on manchester airport website its still schedualed to go at 9am I got an awful feeling we re going to land in Bourgas
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.