Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Maldo,

Strange thread to ask your question on, but never mind.

Registration is no problem, as from 1st January 2006 you do this upon entry by filling in a form.

Taking an extra person could be, when your travel agent has told you that you can't, but you could have an argument that the original booking was changed from a 7 to a 6 person apartment.

I would suggest you ask your travel agent to make enquiries direct with the apartments, pointing out the circumstances of the death of your father, but if the answer is still no, it's up to you if you risk it.

No one can advise you to go against what your travel agent says.

Best of luck,

Peter
Thanks for your reply Peter.

Don,t know why you thought question strange though - maybe I worded it incorrectly. The kind of answers I was looking for was whether or not apartments would let you add another camp bed. Usually 1-bedroom apartments sleep 5 so 5th bed must be sofa or camp bed, surely then a 2-bedroom apartment could accommodate 7. Travel agents have been no help at all so trying to sort this out myself.
I ,m just trying to find out if it would be ok to fly to bulgaria and if apartments cannot accommodate us would it be easy enough to get booked in somewhere else at that time of year(august).

If you do go flight only where do you say you are staying when you resister at the airport and is there any time scale in stating where you are staying.

Have never been to Bulgaria and have heard that they are very strict on this sort of thing.

Please advise.......Thanks
Not sure if they are obligated to do anything as you only needed accomodation for 6 originally. However, I would have thought a good travel agent would be able to suggest something to help. Are you booked through First Choice as I found the accomodation here? Why not ask for your accomodation to be changed to 2 one bed apartments? They say in the blurb that they accomodate up to 4.
I did a quick check in the forum to see if we have posts about accomodation only. If you need to go down that road have a look at our hotel reviews and see which have their own websites. Best to book before you arrive.
Bulgaria Hotel reviews
By the way, I split your post from the original thread so that, hopefully, it will draw more attention to it.
Good luck and let us know how you get on!
Hi Maldo,

It's not the question but the thread I thought strange. The questions are good ones, the wording absolutely fine.

They are not easy to answer!

whether or not apartments would let you add another camp bed. Usually 1-bedroom apartments sleep 5 so 5th bed must be sofa or camp bed, surely then a 2-bedroom apartment could accommodate 7. Travel agents have been no help at all so trying to sort this out myself.

Try emailing or faxing the apartments direct if the travel agent won't help, they might be quite happy to assist, but you need it in writing.

would it be easy enough to get booked in somewhere else at that time of year(august).

Peak season, you might find the resort booked solid.

If you do go flight only where do you say you are staying when you resister at the airport and is there any time scale in stating where you are staying.

Don't know, it's a new system, official info HERE. Suggest you click on 'contact us' and ask the Ministry direct. They made the rules, so they will know the answer hopefully.

Have just noticed Fiona has put an answer on whilst I was typing the above, if it's not her beating me to it, it's Baldur, but I'll leave this on as it covers other matters!

Best of luck,

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.