Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Wouldn't taking the travel itinerary with you be enough as not all holiday companies give you accommodation vouchers?
Contacted my travel agent re this and was told that Jewel in the crown flight only tickets have one nights dormhouse accomodation printed on ticket which is acceptable to the check in staff. Ca'nt comment on other airlines but I would imagine they do the same. Theb problem seems to be with people on packages who come to the airport with their flight tickets but leave their accomodation paperwork at home giving some nitpicking check in staff the chance to assert their position. Alan
You would have thought that the check in agents would realise companies such as First Choice would not sell you a flight only holiday.

It may be that some of the check in agents are jobs worth type of people. Having said that, I always take the entire bumff we are given by the holiday company just in case we have problems getting through immigration at the other end. I didn't realise the problem was at this end.

Until recently, I had no idea passengers were being asked to provide evidence of accommodation.
i think we booked with this company last year,if its the same one they are canadien .i also remember getting worried as time went on but all came through about two weeks before.only booked flights with them we booked the accomodation direct ,hope this helps.
We used Demfer last year,our holiday was over the Easter period and they were the cheapest for flights against anyone.All payments went smoothly (they are based in Canada),tickets were issued by Take-Flight in UK (i think) and came with a letter telling us we had dormhouse accomodation and was also stated on the ticket,it's the 1st time this year that i have read about people being refused boarding if not having accomodation - thread posted this week on here somewhere.
Spike wrote:
it's the 1st time this year that i have read about people being refused boarding if not having accomodation - thread posted this week on here somewhere.

Click here

MrsMac
Hi im off to Goa in Jan, after pondering whether to go back to Goa, or go somewhere new. I chose Goa again :)
Because prices seem extortionate at the moment we're thinking of going flight only.

We've found two good deals, the first is dormhouse accomodation, which basically is about £70 more than a flight only. obviously we wont be using the dormhouse, we just want a way of getting to Goa cheaply.
They will give us an accomodation voucher so we can board the plane without getting asked questions checking in.

The second option is going flight only, this will save us a bit more, but im worried about being asked about proof of acomodation when we check in at manchester, as we will be finding somewhere to stay when we arrive.

Is there a way around this?
or should we just opt for the dormhouse and pay more, but ensure we board the plane without hassle.

Thanks in advance

Nicola
We had the same worrry as yummymummy about accomodation vouchers.

Our trip is slightly different though, we have accomodation which we booked over the internet for the to stay in one area.

I spoke to my travel agent and he contacted manchester airport who advised that if we have an email with full contact address and phone number of where we are stopping they will accept it as an accomodation voucher. we paid a deposit via western union and have therefore obtained a credible accomodation voucher and proof of payment.

Perhaps you could book a room in the area you want to start of in for a couple of nights. It would be cheaper than the dormouse potion.

There should be loads of guest house about in january

Hope this of help

GM
  • Edited by GM06 Ian 2006-11-10 17:10:24
Thanks GM, id like to stay in baga/arpora area.
Where did you find your place to stay?
do you know of any websites where i can book in advance?

Thanks
Nicola
For us it was just a case of googleing it to see what came up, once you try using different search terms quite a lot comes up, is there anything on the hotel reviews section? you could also put out a request in a new thread.

We are staying in candolim if you want the email address PM me if you wanted a couple of nights there as a start or he could put you on to a relative etc.

Be warned they dont rush to check email as often as we do..

Happy hunting

GM
:) I go flight only and have never been asked at the airport. I have no idea of the name of the room - near to the beach in candolim!
We go flight only and never been asked for proof of accommodation. However, for the first time this year the people we booked with sent us a bogus accommodation voucher in case we were asked.
The last 7 years we have gone flight only and have always been given accomodation vouchers with the tickets,last year at Manchester, checking in was posted on this site that they were asking for proof of accomodation (with Monarch) but ourselves and others we spoke to were never asked.
Can anyone on there return this season please post and let us know if proof of accomodation is being asked for.
Im flying with MyTravel, ive decided to go flight only, and book a few nights in a guesthouse before we go to ensure we have got proof of where we are staying
I'm 99.9% certain that there is no such thing as a flight only with charters to Goa!!! The so called flight only booking must come with a token one nights accomodation provided, which you should receive with your tickets etc,I think this is some sort of legal requirement, most people will not use their dormhouse accomodation voucher but it satisfies the necessary requirements.
Thanks Johnny, ill just have to check when i book my tickets.

Also, why is the indian government keen on people having proof of accomodation? is it because they're trying to stop people from travelling to Goa and then staying in their own houses which they have bought or?
Yes last week on monarch flight we had to provide proof of accommodation We were booke flight only as we are staying in a friends appt. but i brought my dormhouse voucher with me and just showed that! people we met who flew from Gatwick said they werew not asked. allan.
Agree with Johnny G, there is no such thing as flight only on a charter to Goa, the tour ops aren't allowed to sell them. Hence the "dormhouse" accom, this is just flight only by another name to get round the rules.

So yummymummy I'm confused about how you found dormhouse for £70 more than flight only, who was actually selling the flight only?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.