Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Yummymummy now I'm confused!! That's the company I work for!

I just did a search on our website for a random date in January, I think I maybe know what you're seeing. There are 2 prices for most accoms on there, 1 is the late deal price and 1 is the full brochure price. You just book the cheaper one. Could that be it?

Actually I also just did a flight only search and it is cheaper, you're right! I'm going to investigate at work tmrw and will let you know....
Yummymummy now I'm confused!! That's the company I work for!

I just did a search on our website for a random date in January, I think I maybe know what you're seeing. There are 2 prices for most accoms on there, 1 is the late deal price and 1 is the full brochure price. You just book the cheaper one. Could that be it?

Actually I also just did a flight only search and it is cheaper, you're right! I'm going to investigate at work tmrw and will let you know....

Yes, i did the flight only search, thats why i was confused lol

I will be greatful of any help
I`m truly baffled reading the posts, i`ve been going to Goa for the last 8 years, on a flight only. I`ve just paid for the flight and nothing else, i`ve never been asked by anyone if i have booked accommodation. Sometimes we fly direct to Goa, other times it`s via Bombay, but we`ve still never been asked any questions on arrival either way.
Re the last post, if you enter via Mumbai you are on a scheduled flight and no proof is necessary of where you are staying. This is only the third year or so I've been aware of it and last month we were all asked for documentation at check in at Manchester. I've never in all the years I've flown into Dabolim been questioned as to accomodation, mind you I always fill in the contact names etc of where I will be staying. I'm quite sure you could put in any accommodation and phone no. as they have never to my knowledge checked up at the immigration desks. Mabey if you fell foul of the law during your stay they might, but i doubt it. Alan
Hi Gramps, yes your right we normally fly scheduled flights to Goa, but last year we flew with Thompson from Gatwick, and there was no mention of accommodation leaving or entering. And why would it make a difference anyway, i`m really confused here.
Have got to the bottom of it (with my company anyway - can't speak for any others!)

We sell flight only which is called a "1 night explorer" ie your documents say you get 1 nights accom with it.

The dormhouse is (or should be) £10 dearer because in theory, if you wanted to, you could expect accom to be available to you for your full duration. So it's bit dearer as you are paying for accom that you will never use.

So go ahead and book the cheaper flight only price!! (If you are booking that is)

I went to Goa twice earlier this year with Mytravel from MAN, I was only asked the first time to prove I had accom (I had a package booked so all ok) but wasn't asked the second time. Seems a bit random!

Anyway hope that helps, if not give me a shout!
Who`s actually asking you Zosie? Is it at the UK airport or when you land in India.
Seems they only ask at Manchester then
Pinkie, i think its Manchester who are asking for proof of accomodation, not Goa.

If i book a few nights with a guesthouse over the internet, will the email of confirmation be sufficient evidence to prove i have accomodation?
Hi,
In the past we have printed our own Accommodation Vouchers at home and they worked fine :wink:
Hi,
In the past we have printed our own Accommodation Vouchers at home and they worked fine

Really? how did you do that? i thought the confirmation had to be an 'official document' :wink:
I don't think they take much notice of who issued your voucher. A quick glance is all we have ever encountered. There are so many different types of vouchers, they are not looking for any particular format.
My husband is very good on word docs, so he usually does them. On one occasion he just printed out a page from a holiday quote from the internet....this might be the easiest, just make sure you use the company you are actually flying with. :D
Michelle
ps. You could always send yourself a 'fake' email confirming booking of a guesthouse.
Don't normally enourage forgeries but this ruling (which invariably only applies at Manchester and usually only with Monarch) is ridiculous. Its about time it was abolished!
Ah right, thanks Michelle.

I think im going to book a few nights at a guesthouse in Candolim for the first few nights anyway, so ill just print off confirmation.

P.s, whats all the fuss about proving where your staying? Goa is the only country ive ever heard stupid rules like these

Nicola
On my invoice it says (Goa flt 1 nt accm, then next to it (Flight only )underneath. These flights include one nights accomodation during your holiday this may be any night in the duration of your stay.
I,m also flying with MYTRAVEL from manchester in march.
Look forward to hearing what the outcome is yummymummy.
I have emailed mytravel, they usually are pretty good at replying quick, but i am going to phone manchester airport as i cant find the email for them.

Ill update later this afternoon

Nicola
Hi yummy, i find this all very bizarre, as i said in the 8 years of flying to Goa on a flight only, i`ve never experienced this. I`m flying out on the 1st March for 1 month, this time via Bombay, as its only a 1 hour 40 mins wait for the flight to Goa. And even more baffling as Gramps stated, if you fly scheduled you don`t require proof of accommodation, it seems something fishy is going on at Manchester airport, or in particular with Monarch. What business is it of Monarch or Manchester airport where you are staying??
I think there used to be (and possibly still is) an Indian rule that you must have accommodation when travelling on a Charter Flight.
The funny thing is that when you get to Goa, nobody EVER checks this.
I think Monarch have just picked up the fact that lawful travellers should have accommodation arranged before they fly and I'm sure they love frightening you half to death.
We have seen people in tears a couple of years ago being turned away by Monarch...but they were allowed on eventually. To me this was just needless intimidation.
All the Charter Flights companies should communicate with each other and get this farce sorted out. Its even more stupid that it only seems to be Manchester.
I know for sure that it certainly doesnt matter when you get there.
And we call Dabolim Airport!!! :x
I think it is odd that only those travelling from Manchester are asked to provide proof.

I have been to Goa seven times (from Gatwick) and have never been asked to provide proof.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.