Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hollystone
I assume you've read through this thread.

It all seems to be a bit of a lottery, depending on which airport and airline you fly with.
However, I would say (in our personal experience), flying out of Manchester with Monarch may be the most likely for potential trouble.

Do you have any paper proof of where you are staying?
If so, that should be OK.
If not, can you get your booked accommodation to send you proof?

I would also be inclined to ring Monarch up and ask what their policy is.

Good luck and enjoy your holiday.

Polly
Hi hollystone sent you a message
Huge thanks goan mad - your help is very much appreciated :D :D :D
Just been talking to Monarch Airlines about Manchester airport and the accommodation voucher saga.

The person I spoke to explained that the reason for vouchers being checked in the UK is to ensure that flight only passengers do not get turned away from immigration in Goa. She explained that a passenger was refused entry by an over zealous immigration official in Goa and had to be returned to Manchester airport.

Travel companies are now requesting that all check in staff ensure that passengers boarding have the necessary accommodation voucher. It appears Manchester and Monarch are the only ones enforcing it rigidly, to ensure you are able to have the holiday you planned on.

She explained that the minimum requirement was one nights voucher for dormhouse, guest house or other such accommodation,

Strange as it sounds that makes sense to me, hope it does to you.

=====================================================================
With regards to luggage she said that monarch is happy to carry 20kg in the hold and 5kg in the cabin, or what weight is printed on the reverse of the ticket. If you are charged as being overweight by them combining the two items and you are within your limits, obtain a receipt and forward it to them to investigate.

GM
Just rang up Directholidays (who i booked with) , and they said i will be issued with 1 nights accomodation, and THATS ALL i will need to board the plane.

we're flying with mytravel, has anyone had problems using the 1nights accomodation voucher to board the plane? we wont be using the voucher, but will need it to board
yummymummy
Our son came on Friday with Mytravel also booked from Directholidays, from Manchester. The 1 nights accomodation was enough.
Julie
Thanks Julie, my mind is at rest now.
Goan Mad
It sounds like you got a really comprehensive answer from Monarch.
:thanks for the clarification.

Polly
I've booked flights with MyTravel today and asked them about this voucher thing. They explained that the one nights accommodation was the way around it not being classed as a scheduled flight. I asked if I needed to take proof of the accommodation I had booked and she said that the voucher would be sufficient. We'll be taking proof just in case!
:) I've never been asked and have been on lots of flight onlys, and often don't know the name of the place i'm staying in!
:) I've never been asked and have been on lots of flight onlys, and often don't know the name of the place i'm staying in!
Ok Candy we believe you :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.