Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
No BB but if you spot any please let me know as we also plan to return next March. :tup I also got a good deal with Qatar last November (thanks to HT friends) but realistically I can't see us getting a repeat of those prices - however I would love to be proved wrong :)
Fizz
I think Qatar prices this season were a one off. They were promoting a new route and wanted as many people to fly with them as possible but next year I think they will be in line with everyone else price wise (unfortunately).
Billy how about Emirates from Glasgow. We used them in March this year, excellent and would use them again.
The simple answer is at the moment too much.

Weaker pound higher demand I have seen some silly prices at the moment.

Papa
Im just speculating but i can see flight prices going Sky high (no pun intended) well not much ;) Due to the huge amount of loses the airlines are incurring with the volcano. I wouldnt be surprised if sadly we see the demise of one or two airlines if it keeps up much longer.
Gemma: Emirates are £508 to Bombay just now. That was for out early Jan, back early Feb. Kingfisher are just over £100 down to Goa.

Mike
Doesn't seem to be much difference in scheduled and package prices at the moment (although I haven't looked that intently yet) and in light of what is happening re the volcano, I too can see huge price increases next season. Might go back to a FO, one night in dorm house package with Monarch next season but will wait and see how things go, plenty of time yet.

Yes Gemma I agree that the Qatar prices were a "one off" promo - get us hooked and hike the price ........ Oh well, win some and lose some as they say :D
Fizz
Hi guys i have also been looking for off season flights too but all coming out around 600 pounds, i think we are going to struggle to get any deals this year but good luck to everyone and spread the word if you find the deals.

Mike
Gemma: Emirates are £508 to Bombay just now. That was for out early Jan, back early Feb. Kingfisher are just over £100 down to Goa.

Mike

Try http://www.cleartrip.com for the internal flights
I booked 3 return tickets (a few weeks ago) with kingfisher for 3 weeks next feb (2011) heathrow to Goa and paid £1600 in total..thought that was relatively ok... bearing in mind current prices which arent cheap!!
chilly
We booked with Jet flying xmas day, its a kingfisher flight from mumbai to goa and a jet light flight for the return leg to mumbai. We paid £1100 for 2 which was up about £250 on last years price but that was with Air India and via Delhi on the way home. Flight times are better this year so am quite happy. 2 years ago we paid £750 each to fly BA and the year before £800 each for emerates!! We have to fly xmas day unless it falls on a sunday or monday and we can go the day before, weve always found the prices quite high but since we started going DIY have found it pays to book early. Last good deal we had on a charter flight only was flying on the 28th dec about 5 year ago for 2 weeks £250 each but that was booking 2 days before we really didnt think that we would be able to go that year which is why it was so late but I wouldnt risk it again if I really wanted to be there.
I booked this year through Travelocity usually we book with Southall but found Travelocity prices cheaper and their opitions were much more flexible giving the ability to pick between carriers and times for the various legs of the journey.
Hi Gooner Fan, Thanks for the advice Cleartrip was good, I was able to mix and match Airlines to flight times and prices. Ended up down Jet and back Kingfisher.

Mike
Does it sometimes work out cheaper to book the various legs of the journey separately? This year was our first year flying schuled and booked Kingfisher return with Southall.

I'm easily confused by some of these web-sites :que so would appreciate any advice :)
Its hard to say which is the cheapest but going on my experience with scheduled flights i have always found that booking it all in one was cheaper for me i flew with kingfisher and qatar and they were cheaper doing it all in one....
From what I can gather reading on HT, it seems that a possible problem not to be discounted is that you may find you have less luggage allowance for the internal flight if they are booked with different companies.
Hmm Dave that's something i never gave a thought to about the dfference in weight allowance :think
Kingfisher and Jet have a 25Kg checked in baggage allowance on internal flights. Spice Jet was 20Kg and I think that Go Air was 15KG.

Mike
Pretty sure some additional U.K. taxes come into effect this November this is also affecting prices for next year.

Thanks Gordon

Papa
:wave: If anyone finds Qatar flights from Man: for March at low price like this season please let me know,not coming in at a good price yet but fingers crossed.No matter what I will be there next year. :tup :wink:
If anyone finds Qatar flights from Man: for March at low price like this season please let me know,not coming in at a good price yet but fingers crossed.No matter what I will be there next year.

Been looking myself.Best I have seen is £575.

Do not think we will see the prices of last year.

Papa
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.