Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
Hi Pippa,I heard BA had dropped Almeria for the winter but wonder if they will bring back flights in the summer?

Easyjet fly direct from both Gatwick and Stanstead and Ryan Air fly from Stanstead too.My Travel Light do summer flights,hope this helps,John.
Pippa - You don't have to fly via Palma to Almeria with easyjet or Ryan air!
Both of these airlines fly direct to Almeria daily form Stansted, & easyjet also fly to Almeria from Gatwick.

We do this route all the time (we have a holiday home in Mojacar). :D

You can also try Tarleton. (Who offer airport transfers) from Gatwick to Almeria

The next nearest airports are Alicante & Murcia, which are both about two hours easy drive away. Easyjet fly several times a day from Luton & Stansted to Alicante.
Ryanair fly regularly into Murcia. From Stansted, Luton, East midlands, & Glasgow. (See "farefinder" on their web site homepage to get the best deal)

These airlines don't have their summer 2006 flights on sale yet - they usually go on their web site in December -at least they have for the pat 3 years!

You might find it helpful to check out the "links" page of
http://www.mojacar-samay.com for more flight options.

LL
Sorry - I mean't that with Air Berlin you have to fly via Palma not Easyjet.

Pippa
Tha answer to the original question must be that there are more flights into Almeria than there used to be and Almeria airport is set for further expansion.

It could be that BA are feeling the competitive effects from EasyJet and Ryanair though.
i have noticed that many of the direct flights to almeria are not from manchester which is abit of a problem. We dont really want to have to go from another airport with a baby when we live five mins from manchester airport so guess whill have to pay more as usual. We'd have to get really cheap flights to make it worth our while travelling down south for direct flights. We are going in summer next year so are just waiting for tarleton to release their flights which have told me that they will be released at the beginning of september for next summer.
MyTravel, Thomson, Avro, First Choice and Monarch appear to fly Manchester to Almeria - are there no decent prices amongst them?
at the moment ive had £240 return with mytravel and first choice,monarch and thomson havent released their dates for august next year and I havent tried avro....what would you expect to pay for a flight to almeria from manchester with decent flight time; ie; early morning going out and late afternoon coming home, in the first two weeks of august, I ask as I have never looked at flights before as have always booked a package but not next year, its all do it yourself.......
BA seem to have pulled out of Almeria for good, their summer timetable apparently (so I'm told) shows via Madrid, presumably changing to Iberia. A friend in the travel business tells me it's over landing fees, Almeria Airport won't do deals on them, unlike all the other Spanish airports, so BA (or GB airways) pulled out.
Hi Rithbean

I have been traveling to Almeria 4 times per year for the last 3 years, from Manchetser.

I used Monarch on all flights last year but booked them when they first came out which was Jan 05. I got a fantastic deal on all my flights, including Aug where 4 of us have flown for £360.

Monarch only opened up to Manchester Almeria last year and so they did £20 off per flight if you booked before a certain date in January and you could choose your seat for free, now it is £5 per person each way. I doubt they will do this offer this year and I suspect their summer flights will go on sale sooner, it is worth giving their customer services a call to get an idea.

Hold fire and see what their prices are like, is my advice.

Diane
I have been booking with MyTravel Lite for a few years now to go over in April and Oct. I have been told by the company that they are not flying from Birmingham dueing the winter and that April is classed as winter, I will have to find another company from Birmingham, has anyone used someone else?
Havn't tried them myself but both Excel and FirstChoice appear to fly Birmingham to Almeria.
thanks Dennis I will go in and have a look at them. Sandra
We link to a tool from our website which you may find of interest:

Flights to Spain
hi ive just booked flights to murcia instead of almeria from manchester with jet2 and included a hire car for the two weeks we are away next august for £150 return going on a friday. i'm quite pleased with those as we dont mind the drive from murcia to mojacar and wil be nice to have a car to explore as we havent been before and the freedom of driving ourself to mojacar with a toddler in tow will be much more fun than a taxi or transfer bus, hopefully. anyone know what the drive is like from murcia?
If these questions had been posted in flights and airports forum you may have got more answers..........

Ruth the airport is Murcia (San Javier) airport it is some distance from Murcia for airport info look through the following link

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=54291

I have PM you with driving directions

wizard
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.