Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Joanne D, the date 24th July does not tie in with flights from Gatwick to Varna, it is only Fri and Mons, let me know the dates and I will give you all the info you need. Tonyt.
Sorry not good with dates - we're on the flight that leaves next Monday.
Joanne D. The booking in for this flight will be in Zone E, this is immediately in front of you if you are coming by Car or Coach. The flight takes from 2.45 hours to 3.30 depending traffic over Europe. You will be on a Boeing 737 Aircraft, no entertainment at all. You will be served a Salami and Cheese Roll, a small cake, One cold drink and one hot drink during trip all free, others must be paid for. I am told there is a small medical centre in Golden Sands, I go to Albena (next resort to Golden Sands) and most medical case are taken to Dobrich, which is in a northerly direction and about 35 kms away. I am due back in Albena 30th August for 26th time (2nd visit this year) if you are stuck on anything else, just fire away. just remember the rules on what you can carry through security, even now after all this while, over 5,000 items are confiscated each day at Gatwick, and my granddaughter who works there on Security says, this includes some perfumes at over £60 a bottle. so nothing larger than 100mls. you can buy it after security check in duty free shops. Tonyt.
  • Edited by Tonyt 2010-07-22 09:06:50
Thanks for your help. Not expecting any medical emergencies but always good to know in advance.

Can't wait until Monday!!

Joanne
Hi Joanne,
Yes there is medical centre in GS. my wife needed it 2 years ago for a complaint and ended up going to varna for x rays,we had to pay 240lev for the treatment which converted to just over a hundred pounds. If your son has a condition make sure you take enough of his medication to cover the holiday as prescriptions can be expensive. The doctor is a very important man in the resort. If you did need to go to varna on the doctors advice you will be charged.

Have a good holiday
cornish lad :)
Thanks Cornish Lad. Reckon I might need the doc myself. Was hoping to start getting into holiday mode tomorrow but is likely to be a disaster. All of my team of 6 at work are either on holiday or gone off sick unexpectedly leaving just me - expect to be well stressed by the end of the day.

Looking forward to the holiday even more than ever.

Thanks for the info.

Joanne
Hi Joanne,

Not sure if we are on the same flight but am leaving Gatwick with BG Air at 10.25a.m. on 26th July and going to Varna, will be travelling with my friends granddaughter - 4 years old. We will be staying just outside of Varna. Have not been to GS for a few years but am sure you will enjoy it. May see you Monday. Nels
Nels, Hope you spotted where check in is, desks should be half way down on right. Tonyt
Thanks for that, have no idea where BG check in is, have not flown with them for a couple of years. Hopefully Dartford crossing will not be too bad if we manage to get away early enough. Can't get much worse, just heard from daughter who is in USA working for Camp America, they were hit by a tornado, no power or water etc, apparently very localised, that will teach her to think that working in the Hamptons will be a doddle :D Nels
Nels, it appears you are coming by Car. The courtesy bus will drop you downstairs, come up the ramps to top, follow long passageway towards departures, as you get in Area it is immediately on your right. At that time of the day, with the volume of flights, security check in can take place on Ground and 1st Levels. Tonyt
Thanks Tonyt. Hubby is dropping us off, reckons he wants to stay home and do stuff around the house (will probably look the same upon my return or he will frantically manage to replace some flooring a couple of days before I am home).
Nels,same procedure as above, forgot to say ZONE E. safe flight. Tonyt
Thank you. Am looking forward to the rest, good food and hopefully lots of sun. Nels
Enjoy your holiday Nels. Sunny Beach appears to be having the same problems as your daughter is experiencing in US. No power in the resort, but hopefully it will all be cleared up before you arrive.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.