Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Yorky

FlyGlobespan's Trans Atlantic flights are very much a budget service in economy...

Their 767s will be about the same age as those operated by First Choice, but lack the upgraded cabins, for example FlyGlobespan aircraft do not have personal TV screens in economy or premium economy, and in economy service does not include inflight meals.

The service they offer in each class can be viewed here
  • Edited by FlyFCA 2006-01-18 17:17:48
aircraft are ex Air New Zealand 767's at the moment. Service provision can be found on the Flyglobespan web site.

Nivsy
hi has anyone flown with globespan airlines now from stanstead airport , the thread only go to 2004 , bit worried b4 1 book , don't seem to have an atol abta number
thanks
Hi Herbieridesagain

We flew from Stansted - Tenerife this Christmas with Flyglobespan

We booked online so our "ticket" was a print out of the confirmation we received. Had no problems checking in etc. Sandwiches and snack are available on the flight - range from £3.00 for sandwich to £1.65 Tea & coffee. No inflight entertainment, the outgoing flight did not even have the facility to plug headphones into the radio, however the return flight did. The only thing that you need to be very aware of is the luggage allowance. You are allowed 20kg per person which INCLUDES any hand luggage. We were unaware of this as the agent we booked through did not advise us. We went for three weeks so was a bit over. Again had no problems going from Stansted but they were very strict on return journey. Ended up leaving beach towels and various other things at Tenerife airport to get the weight down. It was the towels or my Vodka and they were not getting that. They wanted to charge 7 euros per kilo excess luggage.
The 20 kilo limit includes anything you bring back i.e. cigs, drink, pressies.
Although the flight was fine. I think I would rather pay a bit more for my flight next time and get the 10k hand luggage allowance that the budget airlines don't allow. When there are five of you flighing that extra 10kg each is a lot. Even if you just used most of it for your duty free's.

I hope this helps you and have a great holiday
Jackie
thanks jackie , if i book i think i,ll pay upfront the extra luggage £30.00 return for 10kilos each as the price of the ticket is cheaper by £150 to most airlines , still unsure , esp if they are NOT bonded , don't wanna be stranded at tenerife cos airline goes bust .
if you click on the link

http://www.globespan.com/financial.asp

this is the parent company and has all the ABTA ATOL info.

8)
Hi Herbieridesagain

I can't see a problem with being stranded in Tenerife myself!!

Think about it - England or Tenerife? I know where i'd rather be. lol

Jackie
hi jackie yes brrrr it makes you want to stay there, phoned the company today yes they are bonded , my mrs takes to much luggage so i reckon for 3 of us , i will pay £90 extra for 10 kilos each , by the way do they take a my wifes handbag into the 20 kilos and our jackets etc lol
Herbieridesagain

You may well laugh but yes they will include your wifes handbag in the 20kg - at least they did mine on the way back.

Jackie
i phoned up globespan and asked bout handbag (not for me ) and they said you can have that as an extra allowance WOW , so my mrs is going to fill her handbag to the brim , but i reckon about £60 excess will be fine that 20kilos each way , besides the flights are cheap , monarch wanted £734 , globaspan £532 + £60 excess still £140 cheaper , and they have an atol number and abta number on there main website
Flyglobespan have annonced their flights from Manchester to Capetown today. They will be flying three fare classes - Low Frills, Premium Economy (from £384 per sector inc taxes) and Business Class (from £784 per sector inc taxes).

The services will run 3 times a week from November every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.

They are all bookable online at the moment.

They also seem to be doing packages!! :)
oh so flyglobespan are now operating from manchester , good more competition for flights and cheaper prices
Has anyone booked a full holiday package with Flyglobespan? I noticed they are offering Flamingo Oasis in Benidorm several hundred pounds cheaper than Thomsons based on this years prices. I would be keen to book with them for summer '07 but wonder how they can offer this holiday so much cheaper.
Hi

They have their own aircraft, so they can to an extent control the prices. They do have the policy, 'bucket seats' so usually the sooner you book the cheaper it is.
All going well the first B767 for FlyGlobespan should arrive in Glasgow in the next couple of days on delivery from NZ. Already painted in Globespan colour scheme albeit sporting a full red tail at the moment.

Nivsy
Travel agents told me today that flyglobespan are not ABTA bonded and if I book with them and they went bust I would lose all my money. I did not realise this, did others know?
oh yes they are bonded atol number 0701 and abta number v3050 , don't always believe a travel agent , go to flyglobespam home page , financial security
Just who is this travel agent? Disgraceful information being passed out by them!!

Nivsy
Globespan are bonded, see their website http://www.globespan.com. They are a cheap no frills airline who we travelled with christmas/new year to Tenerife. They offer a miximum luggage allowance of 20 KG which includes hand luggage, but when they do deals from Stansted - Tenerife from £49.99 who am I to complain

Hope this helps
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.