Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
They are generally very reliable and enjoy an excellent reputation. However, as a low cost airline, they do reserve the right to reschedule, consolidate, cancel or re-route flights in order to maintain high load factors and levels of profitability.

David :wave
they just have there fights out from liverpol to tenerife for next march. Although i wish to return on 30th march and this falls into the summer schedule. so i can't book that until sep/oct.

which is not to good for us as we usually like to get our flights booked sooner rather than later.

Also was wondering i fthey would be cancelling any flights.
Chris ... I have no idea how their record on this compares with other low cost airlines, but they certainly did make some significant and short notice schedule changes from Glasgow during March of this year.

Fly at least twice a year to Tenerife with Globespan from Glasgow and never had any problems at all. David, what sort of changes did they make to their schedules in March?
Gordon.
Hi Gordon ...one example would be a midweek Glasgow/Alicante/Glasgow service which was brought forward by 13 hours, meaning that DIY holidaymakers returning from Spain lost their last day in resort, as well as all meals which they had prepaid. Some incurred additional expenses too in relation to private transfer arrangements, which had to be amended to correspond with rescheduled flight times.

Such changes for 'operational reasons' are of course covered by the company's booking terms and conditions.

hi guys,

i'm booked to fly no frills from GLA to sanford in september. Can anyone confirm to me that ALL classes have plug sockets for laptop and i'm assuming that its the normal UK socket.

Also i know you have to buy meals on board dose anyone know what kind of meals you can buy

Thanks in advance

Archie
They do not have the laptop power outlets in no frills or premium economy....shame, not sure about whether business class will have them by the time they start flying.

Not all airlines have these....im guessing it fits into the no frill idea they have.

They havent confirmed the meals etc yet.
Hi

We flew with Globespan in January and our outbound flight did not have any sockets but coming home it did. I suppose it is hit and miss as to wether you get them or not.

Jackie
Thanks,

It was i read on the globespan website when they first announed the Glasgow-sanford flights it did say all classes would have sockets, but now there is no mention of it
Globespan, despite having only operated the route for a short period of time are going to axe the GLASGOW-AMSTERDAM service. This route, alredy very well served by KLM out of Glasgow - and Transavia out of Glasgow - Prestwick is probably oversaturated. KLM have indeed had the B737 900 Series on the route - plus ofcourse also offer world wide connections via AMS.

Rumour has it Globespan are considering a base at Liverpool.

Nivsy
"Rumour has it Globespan are considering a base at Liverpool."
Starting 3rd November daily flights Liverpool to Tenerife.
Hobo :wink:
Can't wait for them to start from liverpool

i rang them up the other day. As i want to return on the 30th march and this falls into the sumer schedule.

I may wait till sep/oct for these to come out.

As i need to purchase 20 tickets for this flight.
You should book the one ways out at the moment, and book the inbounds in september. There fares always tend to go up in price, so they may not be as good a deal if you wait to book them as a return :)
just booked from liverpool on 10th november ideal because i needed to be home a day early so i book ed to come back on thurs 23rd for the two of us £280 luverly jubbley
I had a lovely holiday and thats no thanks to flyglobespan. Hanging about at airport arrivals for 15 mins whilst we search for a rep, not advised on a 120€ deposit for the accommodation, a 12 hour delay coming back with no information and only a sandwich and a soft drink for refreshment and then when we get on the flight they have a cheek to charge £1.60 for what I can best describe as coloured water as tea - this company is a complete joke.
Just thought I would mention you can now book your return flights up to the 31st March for Liverpool Tenerife.

Have you seen the great prices flyglobespan have for Liverpool Prague starting in Nov - Only £19 excl. taxes? I might book myself a little city break or two for winter!!!
Travelweekly are reporting that Flyglobespan are looking to base an Boeing 737-700 and Aberdeen from next year, no mention of routes yet, but i suspect Malaga, Alicante, Palma and Faro will be on the list.
Goldeneye,

interestingly I have not seen this report nor about the new routes. Also just wondering where the 737 700 series are coming from? My contacts are getting a severe talking tooo...lol

Nivsy
It will be Tenerife it was in the STAN (Scottish Travel Agancy News). the 737-700 will be the first aircarft they have that is compatible with the runway at Aberdeen

or i have not read the report properly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.