General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
My family actually being able to work & earn a living Ed... It will be total disaster for us and cant wait for it to be over with :(
Ed, are you doing a survey about the olympics? Can't help but notice that you're a new member only posting about the olympics :D Nothing wrong in that but will you be publishing your findings anywhere?

Also are you the Ed that's writing the holiday truths blogs?
Ed- I love the blog! Brilliant :rofl Tne NYT article is hilarious!
:rofl
just read the Guardian article link- love the bit about the torch relay.
For those who haven't read any of the blogs yet have a look here
Don't take this personally Ed but your not a journalist by any chance or maybe just an Olympics fanatic :rofl
might be fun to have an Olympic forum for the next few weeks
I dont think my posts on the subject will make it through the swear filter over the coming weeks :D
I think my sentiment will be quite similar to yours Lyn. I know most of my family are getting away before the 27th July as they don't won't to be anywhere near the area for the duration..
We have no choice now Vic .. But for those that dont want to be crushed to death on the Tube or train Im not sure the tourist can rely on a black cab either .. All those I know ( and some of my closest friends husbands are black cabbies) are heading off on the first plane out of here :D

The opposite of what we are expecting could of course happen and every commuter stays away or heads off leaving the roads and transport system deserted. :D
I may watch the odd bit of sport during it, but than I often do when the olympics are on.
I'm surprised that these threads haven't been merged as they are all about the same thing?
I've a friend who works in the City. She has been 'encouraged' to take her annual leave during the Olympics. Her hubby is a self employed plasterer and he has been laid off for 6 weeks as there is no access to the building site he works at.! Their holiday i(and ours) in September is now in jeopardy . How unfair............
Mmm I drive by the site to get to work and so far haven't really been disrupted too much, think we may work at home some of the time during the actual three weeks, or do some kind of staggered hour arrangements. I cant wait for it really sounds exciting.
Personally I'm not really affected as I'm up north and it's pretty much a London/SE thing anyway but our company has had restrictions placed on deliveries to our London distributors and that's causing a lot of problems, especially when the economy is so tight anyway.
How many people actually think that the Olympics has actually supported the local economy?

Does anyone know of anyone that has gained employment due to the Olympics being held in the uk?

Will the Olympics actually help to build on the economy here in the uk, or will it have that opposite effect and cost us tax payers more money!!!
vicjayhay wrote:
How many people actually think that the Olympics has actually supported the local economy?

Does anyone know of anyone that has gained employment due to the Olympics being held in the uk?

Will the Olympics actually help to build on the economy here in the uk, or will it have that opposite effect and cost us tax payers more money!!!

The firm my husband works for has helped build the stadium by putting in the pilings (or something :que ) He's even had a run up the track (now that's something I'd have loved to have witnessed :rofl )
Just happened upon the answer to my previous post

Ed, are you doing a survey about the olympics? Can't help but notice that you're a new member only posting about the olympics Nothing wrong in that but will you be publishing your findings anywhere?

Also are you the Ed that's writing the holiday truths blogs?

here
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.