Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
hi we came back from los cris last week there are going to be trees planted and all seats along front should be nice when finished they are getting on with it quite ok we where there for a month
But what about the tracks! Like small train tracks.

What are they for?

You must have seen them!

Billyboy.
We visited los cristianos in feburary, and overheard someone say the tracks were for a land train/tram that is to run along the front from pdla to lc.

jackie 15 x
Thank you Jackie.

Considering how long it is taking to do the bridge at the Playa Troya, it will take 10 years to put a train/tram from Ls Americas to Los Christianos.

Regards,

Billyboy.
Well thats what we thought but the owner of 1 of the cafes there said it was going to be a wooden boardwalk.

I cant see why they would put that down but thats what he said.

So still dont really know.
If you look carefully, they form part of the drainage system. Sorry to disappoint, nothing more than edging for the drains. Choo Choo.
Spot on Pebble.

I was looking at the tracks myself the week before last and it is definately for drainage.

Mark757
nonsense.

Drains are put underground.

These tracks are on top. Have to be for some sort of kiddies ride or something.

Think again,

Billyboy.
I was last in Tenerife at the start of December and they were almost finished at the area around Chicago's.
What stage are they at now?
Will the old womans house get knocked down just along a bit from Chicago's and does the restaurants where they cook the chickens get closed for a few weeks?
hi we came back last week stated on cafe fronts by old womans house but they have not knocked her house down yet they are working round it
so my be leaving it up they are down to the harbour as well will be nice when finished
The tracks are for the tram. The main station when it is all finished is supposed to be at the old Skypark
Morning Jackie,
The Sky Park is miles away.
As there is only one set of tracks, will there be only a train one way at a time?
Will the track follow the sea or go inland?
Where did you get your information?
I am glad that house near the sea is being left in situ-I expect it has a preservation order.
Regards,
Billyboy.
Time will tell. From what we have seen, the train will not be arriving sometime soon along the front at Los Cristianos. These so called tracks are pieces of wood about a metre apart, its for shuttering for the drains. The train/tram scheme is a full size system and may never reach Los Cristianos. Talk about a Chinese Whisper :) :) :whoops However the new works being carried out are a real improvement. All enjoy your holidays in Los Cristianos.
  • Edited by pebble 2008-03-18 14:11:03
As Pebble has said the tram will not be arriving any time soon, remember this is Tenerife, Manana and all that.

The Tram is supposed to cover the whole of the South eventually and connect with the one in the North.

Read the News months and months ago in one of the English printed papers out here
Walked along the front at Los Cristianos this morning, sorry to disappoint people but it's a boardwalk. The workmen were screwing down the boards over the drainage channels and varnishing the hundreds of new benches along the promenade. The 'rails' are just supports for the boards and fixing points for the screws to be secured to.
Well spotted and noted.
Makes more sense than a short trolley run.
Should be lovely when finished,
Regards,
Billyboy.
Yep, thats what i said a few posts ago, a board walk!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.