Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Quiet bunch on here aren`t you :)
Yeah well, I don't go for the nightlife, and the hotel is all inclusive so I've no idea how much the food and drink costs.. :!: :lol:
For nightlife I'd recommend Sharm, plenty going on there although you may find you'll need to take a courtesy bus or taxi to Naama Bay (where all the action is) from your hotel.

I'm not sure of price of drinks I'm afraid. I know my Mum paid something ridiculous like £7 for a Pina Colada in the Hard Rock Cafe last year though so I'm guessing alcohol is quite pricey.

I ate at the HRC a couple of years ago and remember being very well fed for a very reasonable price.

There's great snorkelling to be found at the Conrad as well as a wonderful beach (lots of info and my pics in the Conrad thread). The Conrad is about fifteen minutes by bus/taxi from Naama Bay.

Pippy :D
Last year in Naama bay, beer was about £2 a bottle in the Camel bar or the bus stop bar (500ml). Half that price in the supermarket. Other places charged the same price for a 300ml bottle.

Food was relatively cheap - two beers and a basic meal (starter and main course) was around £15 for the two of us.
Hi FTV :D The red sea area is generally a chilled and relaxed destination with the exceptions being Naama Bay in sharm and possibly Hurgharda which I believe is busy but not everyones cup of tea. with regards to Sharm If you think of it as more of an area covering several miles of coast with Naama bay in the middle . Basically you will find plenty of bars and resturants and great atmosphere in NB and then a vast aray of A/Is that stretch out probably a few miles in either direction. most of the accomodation in NB is either B+B/HB . So if you want to be around the bars/resturants I would recommend you choose accomodation in or as near as possible to NB. there is also old sharm town that is more traditional which is in the ras em sid area.

have a look at these maps which should give you some idea and also hotel locations in sharm .basically the first map shows you the area around NB and the second as it gets further out. If you decide on something further out the taxis are cheap/easy and the hotel usually supplies a courtesy bus. nothing should be more than about 20mins away.

http://sharm-el-sheikh.ovh.org/mapa_lewa_engl.html
http://www.sharm-el-sheikh.ovh.org/mapa_prawa.html

hope this helps a little

lyn
Thank you for the replies, certainly some food for thought there, will have a good long look at the options available and who knows I might just make there for next May :)
hi feelthevibe
i'm a goa holic too-seen your posts on the goa page-booked our 4th trip to goa and then found out about the visa situation! we have been to sharm three times in the last 2 years and loved it! stayed in the hilton sharks bay a/i -great hotel.but we still like to go out into town.had a meal a few times in namma bay,always the same tho different restaurants.prawn cocktail,fillet steak plus bottle of wine,2 beers and coffee about £35-£40. this included the tax (about 20% in all and a tip) the prices are quite cheap to start but they add on tax to your final bill.we had a couple of large bottles of beer in a bar and it was about £3.40 so we left £4.00.we really like sharm but its not goa! we still want to go back again but feel a/i is the best value. the local beer sakara is really good and its on draught at the hilton (in proper glasses not plastic) they also do bottled stella but its not the same brand as in england.its a really lovely holiday but completely different to goa.the weather and snorkelling is fantastic and the people are very friendly.you must still haggle hard in all the shops.the airport is the only one i have been to where they have loads of shops and they were cheaper than the resort-and you can haggle!try it for a week as we did the first time and research your hotel.as i said we went to the hilton three times and want to go back the staff are fantastic and remember you when you return
bushbaby
I also echo bushbaby for her recommendation of the hilton sharks bay. Great hotel , lovely staff and great A/I/ i have been there twice. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.