Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
gift idea please
23 Posts
Touristy tea towels? Mugs?
hi bibbs if its the same people you got the turkish delight of last year ,i think you should get them some moth balls :D :rofl :fly
bluepeterno1
Now there's a thought bibbs, how about some gorgeous moths, dried of course, in a display case, lol.

Sorry, not funny of course! :? :twisted:

Something traditionally English? Dunno what though since I'm Scottish, rofl! :lol:
now now,bluepeter and scottishmum,your going to get me into trouble making me mention the you know what's,but there are dried ones,live ones and critters,lol.
thanks alsacienne,your idea has been noted,if no others appear before i go,i can see me sending the girls shopping in the airport while i have the nasty job of sitting in the bar, :glynis
how about some posh English Tea or Tiptree Jams.
how about something nice from thorntons, chocs or toffee?
from memory the chocolate in turkey not that nice

hugs

la x
thanks for the suggestions chamcham & la-lapinkfluff,
i can see a hamper on it's way,they could have english tea from the touristy mugs along with the jam on some of that great turkish fresh bread,then finish of with chocs and toffee's,wash up the mess made then dry up with the touristy tea towel, :rofl,or does someone have a better idea ?.
its a great idea to take wee presents out with you bibbs , we go to belek twice a year and have got really friendly with the head porter of the hotel we go to . he likes to go fishing off the hotel jetty on the beach usually with a small hand line , last september i took him a small colapsible rod and reel , and some tackle ,whole lot cost me £4.99 in pound stretchers, honestly you would have thought i had given him a million quid , they really appreciate things like that, have a good holiday bibbs ,and for goodness sake try not to bring back any stowaways this time , dont want to upset you know who. :wink
bluepeterno1
hi bluepeterno1,
many thanks for your best wishes,and no there wont be any stow aways this year (still haven't got the taste back for turkish delight yet )and yes your right,there is immense pleasure to be had when giving,and not just receiving, :lol: gifts that is :oops:
I always find that your teams football shirt is gratefully accepted
Excellent suggestion from Zog. You could indeed get them an A.rs.enal shirt and Herself could try Chelsea. That way you would please all of them.
In my experience Turks LOVE Cadbury Chocolate! Providing of course they are not heavy muslims :)
zog and richard,
football shirts,good idea,but theres no way i'm buying a chelsea shirt,and anyway at over £40 a shirt thats a lot of beer money,i said they were friends not my inheriters :rofl
philmarcus,
they dont drink or smoke,does that make them heavy muslims or just healthy.
looks like the hampers still winning. :wink
hi bibbs how about a nice headscarf for the lady ,if she is muslim she may wear the hijab,

bluepeterno1
so we have gone from football to boxing a,shes not that tall,so i would imagine that she only has a low jab, :rofl ,i have never seen her in anything other than western type clothing,so im not to sure, :tup
Bibs, i think that when Philmarcus wrote "heavy" muslims he meant not on a diet type heavy :lol: I could have read it wrong but your reply made me laugh. Nice tin of biscuits to go with the jam, chocs etc?
Do not think it will be apropriate for your friends, but a waiter we know likes to receive the English gifts, so i think this year it will have to be a pack of condoms and a Income Support claim form :rofl
i'm sure he will see the funny side :D
glad i gave you a chuckle al321 :lol:
jono 1964,thanks for that,but i dont think your idea will be used,in more ways than one :rofl they haven't been married a year yet,so the condoms wont be taking the place of the hamper idea, :D :lol: :wink:
hi bibbs , how about one of them small domed ornaments ,the type with the chrismas scene , when you shake it ,it snows dont get to much snow out there and they dont celebrate christmas ,might be a wee novelty for them. or else just give them a copy of the posts on this thread , that should at least give them a laugh. :lol: :lol:

bluepeterno1
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.