General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Gift Idea?
13 Posts
What about a nice picture frame( as it is 25 years should be silver) to put a picture of the renewing of vows in ? or perhaps a photographic record to save them paying a photographer ?
Thats great, Gillc, thanks :-)
Hi, for a really unusual gift there is an internet company called http://www.booksbyyou.com you give them the names of your friends and any other people that are close to and they put them in a book as the characters. They have lots of different themes to choose from and its a bit of a novelty to see your name in print in an actual novel. Also its something of a talking point. Not sure of the cost as it was a gift from my hubby.

Sally
Ooh, I'll have a look :-) thanks salhal :-)
We have a lovely tradition in Wales of giving wooden lovespoons on occasions like this. They can be engraved with the people's names and mine actually has the figures 25 moulded in the spoon. Check them out on one of the search engines. They start at around £3 for a miniature suitable for a wedding favour and range to over £50. They're beautiful, very individual and dan't weigh a ton.
Thanks Helen, they look really pretty :-)
I've quite often given a nice photo frame and photo, as previously suggested and it's always been very well received.

Some years ago, having not had a holiday for some time, I gave my husband a subscription to a company called 3D wines. You buy a crate of wine which you can either have delivered, collect from the port or go to visit the vineyard. We chose to visit the vineyard, had a lovely tour and tasting session and were shown the actual vines from which the grapes were made. The wine was excellent and as as our names were put onto the labels, made a lovely talking point for dinner parties etc.

It maybe a little too expensive for this occasion but could be well worth looking at for a very special or shared present for someone.
I've never been to DR but how about something like a Balloon trip with the works ,champagne, chocs etc. It's something they'd never get themselves and so romantic. Imagine it at dawn or sunset!!!!!!!!! Magical!

Just a thought

Doreen
Hello.
Thanks salhal for the http://www.bookbyyou.com site. Did you know that you can have a free story emailed to yourself or children/grand children, using their names. I did it and have just printed off a nice 20 page 'book', all about dragons, and with the addition of some graphics, put it in a folder for my nephew and niece.
Brilliant. A gift any kiddie would love .

Thank again

fallan
Hi Kayley and Doreen:

They're brilliant ideas! I might see if the others who are going fancy clubbing in and doing something like that! Sounds brilliant!

Fallan: I might try that for the kids I look after, thanks for the tip :-) I've seen the website, and it looks good
Forgot to say.....check for spelling mistakes. there are several. Otherwise, spot on.

Also if they have a dog you can change the name of the dog (Fido) that appears in the story
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.