Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
glasses
9 Posts
There are at least three in the area.... Romano in Calungute opp the old petrol station, Hi-Tech out by Domino Pizza and a new one last year in Tito's Road, Baga

Get an estimate in the UK, so you will know if you are getting a better deal out here.
I think you will find designer frames are a lot cheaper here but if you are not worried about them you can get some good deals in the UK

Me
i Purchased a pair off Hugo boss glasses from romano last year.£65 including eye test glasses and frames
Are they genuine glasses or fakes?
hi
if you go around halfway down the baga rd from calangute island there are some steps on your left hand side at the top is a supermarket on the left and a chemist/opticians on the right,i have used him many times for varifocal/reactolights and have always been happy good choice of frames or take frames with you and he will glaze them
i would like to get new specs - had my eyes tested 15 months ago here so is it best to have an eye test done there, or take a copy of this prescription with me?

anyone know of good optician in Candolim please, or is Calangute better (Romanos or Dangui)?
:(
SORRY TO BE THE BEARER OF BAD NEWS BUT WE HAVE HAD 3 LOTS O GLASSES FROM DIFFERENT OPTIONS.
and all of them have had the prescriptions put in mine was twice the strength they needed to be and my partners was 4x the strength that he needed and the other fell apart. so please be careful the option here says she sees it all the time especially with India and Cyprus

Pip
x
def genuine...we visited many before deciding on romano...there is one next to dominoes on titio's lane,with a nice choice in designer frames but about 30% dearer.also beware of some opticians the one in candolim next to the exchange place got my prescription wrong a few years back
I have got my glasses and contact lenses in Goa for the last 9 years but I always have my eye test done in England and take my prescription out with me. Only once did I get them tested in Goa and the prescription was wrong so learnt the hard way. I usually go to Optica in Calangute, at the end of the mainCalangute road past the market, opposite the road which goes down to the Post office. They are very nice in there and are very good at choosing frames to suit you.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.