Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
GOA AT EASTER
10 Posts
Evening Brad - will be steady but not quiet, everything will be open for you, even the shacks. As for the apartment price with all the extras thrown in, I don't think it's excessive but you could get cheaper (but lose some of your extras) so I'd stick with what you have chosen - sounds ok.
Hi Brad,
We were in Candolim the last 2 weeks of the season in 2008. A lot of the restaurants close towards the end of April and some of the shacks get taken down. Ganesh shack will definitely be open until the end of the season. We had no problems finding places to eat and drink in Candolim but it definitely is quiet. (especially during the last week of April.) On saying that it didn't bother us at all as we like going when it's less busy. Your price for accomodation sounds ok to me. You'll definitely need the A/C for that time of year as it's very hot and humid in the evenings. We are looking at going to Mumbai for a few days and then flying down to Goa so we will be booking independent acccommodation too. I never thought of checking out Ebay. Thanks for the idea. Will have a look myself and see what's on offer.
Have a great holiday.
Gail
Hi Gail have you tried Owners direct there are some nice private apartments on there
we have booked one of the new ones opposite the Highland Beach for Nov A/c 2 bedrooms
ann
Hi Ann,
No I haven't looked at Owners Direct either, but I will. To be honest I'd only checked out prices for hotels but an appartment sounds appealing. Near the Highland Beach would be a perfect location for us. We still have to book our flights so I'm not totally sure of dates etc. This is the first time we've decided to book independently. It's mainly because we want to spend our first few days in Mumbai and then fly down. In previous years I've always managed to get good last minute package deals.
Brad,
Although it's a little quiet at the end of season in Candolim, (Mermaid & Bistro were closed the last few days of April) I think most restaurants/bars/shacks will still be in operation in Calangute so you'll have loads to choose from. Another thing is that on Good Friday some of the bars/ restaurants have different opening times so if you're planning to go somewhere special, make sure you check to see that they're definitely open.
Regards
Gail
Hi if you need any info on the apartment let me know i can give address of ours
ann
Will pm you Ann if I need info. Thanks
Sorry Brad, just noticed that you arrive after Good Fri.
Gail
We were here to mid June last year and there were still a few nice places open around calungute but we also found the local places where you had a job to spend 70 Rs on a evening meal and a beer

Me
Hi All,

Thanks to everyone for their input, it's nice to know it won't be dead and i think we'll have a more relaxing time with it being a little quieter. I got the owner of the apartment down to £400 as i stated to her that it was the last few weeks of the season so were pleased at it costing just under £1300, can't wait to go now, have a cold beer at the tidal wave and watch the sunset......
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.