Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Scheduled is best.
You should be able to get to Goa via Heathrow or any other airport in UK for under £400 return.
You may need to change twice.

Don't worry about finding somewhere to stay, just ask a taxi to take you to a guest house, check in for a few days to get your bearings & look around, price for a room from 500-1500rps depending on quality.

North has more music venues and I believe is less expensive than the South.
Check out Carlos Gonsalves on Facebook for contacts in Music scene.

Steve
mr doodah, I have pm'd you with some information, hope it helps in your quest. Fizz
Thanks folks , Iv pm'd all of you and contacted bluesmanie on trip advisor, I'll keep you all posted, regards Kev
Carlos has been running a jamming session at Janet and Johns on Anjuna beach Monday and Thursdays also have a look at the cafe lillyput a few shacks on. Montoya ? near Baga bridge have jamming evenings and Tom does not mind having a bit help, his big gigs are Jambalaya and Rabbi Burns also look out for Herman the German at Tequila and Bardays in Calangute
Thoroughly recommend Bluesmania at Jambalaya in Candolim, we had two great night there he is brill, if you go tell him Sylv 8 says hi, enjoy
Thanks all, will be booking flights any day now, found one today at £490 direct, flight only, been very very hard to find any kind of deal, I'll keep you posted, bloody freezing here in the west country but very pretty !
A bit nippy here in the west country again today! Oh to be back by the pool and in the :sun
Fizz
Mayonna Creek by the Baga River bridge has live music every Sunday night and visiting musicians are encouraged to sit in for a few numbers. Some nights are excellent, some not as good - just depends on who's around. Definitely worth a look though if you fancy a gig.
Thanks Roma, Now thats very interesting, theres a kite buggy guy that I know, a welsh guy ( think his name is Mike Regan !) he;s always encouraged me to come out near to the bridge and in order to find the place just remember the word mayonnaise and you'll find it, and now BINGO ! its Mayonna Creek ! awesome. I have found a flight only £490 for 3 weeks from Jan 14, I dont think I'll get a better price at the mo, so about to bite the bullet.
Looks like it's all coming together, Doodah! Hope you have a great time! :tup
Hi all, just to let you know Im on my way, arrive Jan 15th, 8am, probably head to Alvares hotel Calangute, then check out Myonna creek etc, I'll dig out blues mania and get cracking, Thanks for all your help, Mr Doodah
Hi Mr D

We should get back on the 15th as well and hope to get to Bardays to see Herman and Tom (bluesmania) at Jambalaya
Hi youagain, do you mean they are at jambalaya on the 15th
jambalaya sounds great will definatly give it a go,thanks sylv9 for the info.
Only meagain

Squigs of course they will let me inagain, it is only the dodgy ones they trying to keep out but I am not sure about 'eragain, have you managed to get things sorted ?

Mr Doodah
Herman plays Bardays which is part of the Masquerade shop near the church in the road on Fridays and Tequilla near the Mira Hotel on Wednessdays

Tom (Bluesmania) plays Jambalaya in Candolim on Sundays and I think he is at Rabbi Burns near Bombay Bazaar Calangute on a Fridays
yes meagain missed you sunday at Jumbalaya!! needed 'eragain' on the dance floor strutting her stuff to keep me company!! had a good night though...
chilly :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.