Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hello, Most of the bars in Gozo are just one roomed sort of things with a bar and if you are lucky half a dozen tables so finding one with live music would be very hard. Best go to Albufeira on the Algarve if you want these sort of bars.

Dave
Hi Dave,

Albuferia is definately not my scene, drove through did not like it at all!
Anyway it would be much too far to go for a night out! as we will be living in Gozo soon.
We bought a house there last year, we ocasionally like to hear a bit of "live" guitar/banjo/keyboard music and have a sing along!
There must be some budding musicians entertainers in Gozo/Malta, after all they have those wonderful village Bands that play at the Festa's which we really enjoy!
I know we could go to Malta For the big named acts that appear there, but I was thinking of something much more low key, intimate, friendly, and fun!

:lol:
Cheers Sue
Hi Sue, if you really want to hear live traditional music then the cafe in the bus terminus with chairs near the Phonecia hotel in Floriana has people performing Maltese folk music sometimes, but only in the day time and it's not a performance as such just part of the getting drunk process for certain people who hang about in there, best not go on your own though as it's near the public toilets, it;s not worth a special trip though in fact forget I mentioned it we have just heard it when we are waiting for a bus to Marsaxlokk.

Sliema2
Some friends went for an evening meal in one of the restaurants at Marsalforn. They left the first one due to an "over-enthusiastic oranist", but said that they were entertained by a "very good" covers band when the went to Neptune's Restaurant (on Marina Street/sea front).
Hi

normally the mere mention of Gozo means I'm straight in with a reply, but this is a tricky one !

nothing really regular, but...

1. underneath Gleneagles bar at Mgarr in the summertime a covers band plays - generally Tom Petty, Stones, Blues Brothers type stuff
2. Red Rose restaurant in Victoria does counrty and western (once a week ?)
3. rosina's bar, Sannat, once in a blue moon we get Billy Connelly playing banjo !
4. now I'm struggling.................
Many thanks everyone!

Think there will be enough musically to keep us happy, with all the village Festa's, Bands and fireworks, I must admit I have not heard any Maltese traditional music yet, will have to check it out!

We will look in at the Gleneagles bar once in a while, and Rosina's will be our nearest bar :)

That would be a real treat to hear Billy playing banjo, if we were lucky! We are really looking forward to all of this, when we move and get settled.

Cheers
Sue
:D
Hi Sue, this might be a bit of an appetiser for you then http://www.marz-kreations.com/Nostalgia/MalteseSongs/MalteseSongs.html

Regards
Sliema2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.