Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Try these, all in Candolim - Ruffles / Jazz House / Peacock
:lol: :lol: ..the jazz place sounds good ...do you happen to know what type of music is played at the others you mentioned....we will be going to candolim in november cant wait .....thanks for your reply :D :D
in ruffles they have something different on every night! it s a good laugh! they get there kitchen staff to come and join in dancing! and one nihgt i think they had karoke!
Sorry colleen forgot about the dreaded Krapeeokee night at Ruffles,you do get local singers (backing tapes etc..) though, which are quite pleasent.
Same in the Peacock which also has Goa's star performer 'Pauli' singing his naughty little dittys - quite good for a laugh.
Jazz House can varie on music styles,they have a guy doing the rounds called 'Andre' Goa's answer to Neil Diamond (does too many performences in a season so his voice isn't too good)
Forget to mention The Spice Garden in Candolim - not brilliant with food,nor the service (another thread on here about it) but the talent that they have on everynight can be good - local guy who plays the flute was on last year (as good as James Galway) - have fun !
:D : :D ..cheers spike never mind shop to you drop it will be bop to you drop for me ...ah well like i say a girl must think of the calories haha :D :D
Hi i think i already know the answer to my question, but ive not been for a couple of years and people have been saying more tourists are going to Goa. Are there any places that play Indie music?

Thanks
:sun :sun ....hi yummymummy....yes most hotels have Indie music each week .....
Hi yummymummy,
There's a Band out here called "The Raindogs", they do a bit of indie type stuff in their set. You can catch them all over the Baga/Calangute/Candolim area. Lead singer is a Scottish Guy called Deek.....he sounds and has the patter of the Big Yin. There's also a guy called Stewart who has gone solo from the Raindogs, he's out and about too doing his own thing.
Also try Myoma's on a Sunday evening, they have a huge jamming session. (i think it still takes place)???
GFF xx
hi yummymummy....yes most hotels have Indie music each week

Hi i didnt actually mean 'indian' music, although that would be good. I meant songs like kaiser chiefs,the killers, oasis etc. :oops:
Its ok, i think i already knew there wasn't going to be anywhere that plays that sort of music, its hard enough finding a decent bar back home that plays it, nevermind on holiday. Ill just have to take my mp3 player and listen to that in the hotel.
Thanks GFF and irishcolleen for your replies
hi gff could you tell me where is myomas???? would love to hear the jamming sessions.
I am absolutely ecstatic that Stu and Deek are still about and jammin. my friend Nadine and I took my mum to see Stuart at arabian nights one night when I was out there 2 years ago and his rendition of tears in heaven by eric clapton brought tears to our eyes. he is amazing and he was really good to me when I first got there,looked after me and gave me a place to stay for a few weeks. hes an awesome guy and if anyone sees him please tell him Essex (please dont ask !! ha ha ) said hi. hopefulyy I'll get to see him at myomas when i'm out in 2 weeks
hi tashalee where is arabian nights? me and my wife are off to goa on sunday and it would be great to go to a jammin night out like you describe
candolim somewhere I'm not sure he plays there anymore or if they have music for that matter, but looking at other threads theres definately music over at myonas and if they are creatures of habit then Stu and Deeks will still be drinking at Bharats on corner of Baga road and Titos road. that used to lead to impromtu sing songs as the honey bee level rose
Hi Bluemoon,

Myomas is on the Baga Creek, go thru the boxbridge from Baga, turn right and Myomas is on the left.

Just heard this morning that Deek and a few other musicians will be doing a weekly spot at Shooters on the Baga Road from next Wednesday and every Wednesday until the end of the season.

Deek and Stuart played as "The Raindogs" at Shooters a few seasons back and it was packed every week so get there early if you want a seat.

Stuart is still doing the rounds and he's as mad as ever!!!

Goldenflipflop xx
fantastic I'll have to make sure I'm there. will be lovely to see the nutter again. he is an outstanding singer and guitarist and I can only imagine hes got better since I saw him.
Just had a text message from a mate, Deek is playing the Manik on Baga Road tonight if anyone over here is interested, .......I can't make it unfortunately i'm off to Panjim for dinner.
GFF xx
There's a Band out here called "The Raindogs", they do a bit of indie type stuff in their set. You can catch them all over the Baga/Calangute/Candolim area. Lead singer is a Scottish Guy called Deek.....he sounds and has the patter of the Big Yin. There's also a guy called Stewart who has gone solo from the Raindogs, he's out and about too doing his own thing.

Excellent, tell Deek Martin and Carole from Scotland will see him soon! And I also remember Stuart, say hello to him too!
thanks gff we will definatley be going as i booked today and we are staying at the marinha dourada. so its only up the road.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.