Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Yup that sound like a FAB idea!!! Not only the name of the hotel/Bar but for those of us who might not know our way around a rough location too please.
8) 8) 8)
The bar and restaurant by the box bridge is called Mayonna Creekside, it's owned by good friends of ours Polly and Pepe. We were there last night for their niece Mayonna's 12th birthday. Sunday is a good night but does get very busy. Food is really good and all the staff are very friendly.
I meant songs like kaiser chiefs,the killers, oasis etc.
Its ok, i think i already knew there wasn't going to be anywhere that plays that sort of music, its hard enough finding a decent bar back home that plays it, nevermind on holiday. Ill just have to take my mp3 player and listen to that in the hotel.

Hi Yummymummy, we flight out to Candolim on 3rd Nov for our first time in Goa and would love to find somewhere with that kind of music...not holding my breath though! I'll post on here if we find anywhere, if not its the mp3 for me as well!
when i was there a couple of years ago the bar on anjuna market had music on all day. there was a group called bindoo babas who played a lot of pink floyd etc they were class, does anyone know if they still do anjuna market bar

hope to see them again in jan

bob
Hullsmoggy,

Bindoo Babas will be playing at Cafe Looda - Anjuna throughout the season (according to Loodas latest ad in Novembers Edition of Find All).

GFF xx
thanks gff

will definately be there to see them again in jan

bob
Hello all can anyone tell me where there is music on at nights .....can you tell me the name of the place its on ....what night its one ....and in what place its in.....baga...camdolim...or calangute ............... :thanks ............colleen
I have just read a good link lassigirl put on and I see some places on it i would like to try can anyone tell me where they are please ......baga,,,,candolim..calangute .....club blue .......lounge fly.......club margarita....and party zone .......plus if any of you know who has music on and on what nights will you plaese let me know .......thanks .....colleen
"Lead singer is a Scottish Guy called Deek"

Yes saw this guy a few years ago at the gig on Baga River on a Sunday night (Myonna). He disgraced himself by putting on this bad Scottish patter, tried to imitate Billy Connolly and started swearing about the state of politics in UK. His language was bad and in poor taste.... no one can match BC. I was embarassed being Scottish, he let the side down. He was from a part of Scotland I am familiar with and I play music with someone he rates highly so I got chatting to him, I did mention that a lot of the audience didn't like his attitude, a nice bloke but needs to tone his act down. He ruined an otherwise good laid-back night, a lot of people in the audience were put off by him.
GFF if you make a visit can you tell me please if the raindogs ...stewart .. and deek are still about this year and do you happen to know where they all play ....thanks colleen
Hi Colleen,

Deek used to play at Myomas, Shooters and Arabian Nights but he's not in Goa this season. Stuart is here and is playing Myomas on sundays. To be honest there's not much quality live stuff around this season, you get the usual acts doing the rounds (lui, Herman, Pauly, Garfield etc). They play in the Baga/Calangute/Candolim area. Jimmy and Claudane are a good act they go by the name of French Connection, pretty sure they play at Cato Loco one night per week....I reckon they are the best of the bunch out here at the moment. (Maxbiker13 might have more info on them I think he posted a pic of them at Ingos a few weeks back). The music law has relaxed a bit but I think most places are still wary of putting on live music in case they get raided. The Jazz corner has music most nights I think. Also Banana Moon has an open mike night one night a week but not sure which night.

GFF xx
thankyou very much . GFF ..XXXXX your a star ..colleen
When I was there in Feb the Jazz corner had a fairly decent band on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Wasn't Jazz music either ! They were a four pice ish band with a good female singer.
Sim I think i know the group that you mean. Lead singer is a small lady with a big set of lungs, in fact I thought she was too loud for a restaurant but would be great in a bar/club
GFF xx
that sounds like her. Real powerful set of vocal chords. I enjoyed it there...though I had drunk a beer too many when I went so can't comment on the band from a sober perspective. Sometimes live music always sounds so good after a few beers......it was also the first live music I heard after 3 nights of endless trance. Any music would sound good after that !
The "problem" with most live music n Goa is that it isn't live. Most singers, and many bands, use pre-recorded backing tracks.

A very good place for "proper" live music is Cavala in Baga, on Wednesdays (Bell Bottoms - mosly rock) and Fridays (Music Company - mostly retro).

Claudiine and Jimmy play at Molly Malone's on Tuesday nights (Monday next week on account of St Patricks Day).

Mayonna's is usally good on a Sunday - get there early as it gets very busy.

As others have said, Jazz Corner is also making a real effort to put on good music this season.

Of course both of the Saturday night markets have music - most people find that Ingo's is the better market, but Mackie's often has better music (and a much less irritating "compere")
:yikes WHAT no irish music on in Molly Malones on st Patricks night we will just have to bring our own :cry
Irishcolleen - is that westlife / boyzone or will we hear you closed the bar down with rebal songs !? lol :cheers
Don't worry colleeen, there will be enough of us there we can out sing them!!! You know I like a good old sing song :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.