Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Jambalaya in Candolim on Sunday nights is pretty good, also there's live music in Molly Malones in Calangute on Wednesday nights (I think) as well as the Cavela in Baga. Not forgetting the live music on both Saturday night markets and Wednesday Anjuna market.
popped into malonnes on last trip they krapeoke, the man not to worry if u couldn,t sing cauce niether could he.he was dead right :rofl :rofl :rofl
left a lot of words out have,nt had a honybee honest
Bumped back up for Keith to have a wee read over this thread ..does anyone know if Sweet Chilly still has music on and what night is it please http://bestsmileys.com/music2/2.gif ....colleen
dragon07 wrote:
also the stonehouse for blues

gotta be honest, for the entertainment, food, value for money and ambience ( 'cept the mozzies!) you CANNOT beat it!

i have never listened to blues except at the stonehouse but i love it!

except perhaps sometimes the waiters appear miserable?
Hi collen
they still had music on last season,just cant remember nights
c :tup
The Stonehouse sounds like a good night out - where is it? Always nice to try somewhere different :cheers
On the main road heading towards Sinquerim on the left hand side, it is a good stroll from Newton's but not sure I would walk it after dark in high season, due to the traffic also in that area is Havali ok food and they lay on entertainment, Herman's wife used to perform traditional Indian dances there with her band
I can speak of Friday nights - they had live jazz on last time we went.
Thanks meagain - sounds like one for us to try this year as we will be at the Highland. Still seems such a long time to wait :(
A wee story about the Stonehouse for you all. on my very first visit to goa in 2001 we stayed at the victor exoctica in candolim. on our first night, we got talking to a family from falkirk in scotland, being scottish,they heard my accent and assumed we wanted to talk so the husband of the family decided to give us some of his wisdom and thoughts on the hotel and Goa. "Food rotten,all spicy stuff,no pizza and chips for the kids" he tells us. righty ho we're thinking and make to leave. "where you off to?", he asks, off for a stroll to see whats what we tell him. being the know all he is, he tells us, "go out and turn right, there is nothing left at all". ok we shout as we wave to him and turn left. 50 yards later, we end up in stonehouse, and stay there till about 4 in the morning after having met quite a few interesting people and getting an invite to the owners sons christening the following day. :)
did you tell him about it the next day?? :rofl :rofl
Mods we have two music threads running can you add them together please ... :cheers colleen
Have merged the 2 Music threads.
did you tell him about it the next day??

nope, avoided him for the rest of the holiday........
Chilly or anyone else out in Goa right now ..if you read this can you let us all know if any music nights are up and running yet and where and what night the music is on ....colleen
We went to see Herman Obreo playing at Infantaria last Sataurday and they have other people on about four nights a week and we saw Pasque at the Stone House, think that was a Monday but Carlos the drummer is not answering his phone or emails so have not been able to find out much

Things are running very late this year due to the weather, had a very wet day today started raining about 11.30 and by midday it was a full blown storm with thunder and lightning until late afternoon

Jamabalaya is not open yet but might be by Sunday, in fact a lot of restaurants in Candolim are still not open, we are supposed to be going to the opening of Kalinga on Friday if it stays dry and to see a Beatles tribute act in Panjim but can't find out where or when it is on

Don't worry IC you will find plenty do

See you soon
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.