Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Goa v Sri Lanka
5 Posts
Think Polly50 has been to Sri Lanka Shirley :)
Thanks Gemma, she has and has sent me a pm :tup
Hi

I have been to both places & although I had a great time in both countries I have to say of the 2 I would love to go back to Goa but would not rush back to Sri Lanka.
I thought there was more to see & do in the immediate vicinity in Sri Lanka & some incredible ancient sites to visit. I also thought the guides were great out there & couldn't do enough to help. I also had a once in a lifetime opportunity to help a conservation project release turtles back into the wild, which was amazing.

However other than the guide the people didn't seem so friendly or helpful (I just loved the girls on the stalls & the chatty waiters in Goa, the bar guys & the owners of the beach shacks).

I went with a female friend & we didn't feel totally safe after dark so we didn't leave the hotel in the evenings much & found we got harassed constantly on the beach & followed wherever we went. Okay so they try to sell you things at every opportunity in Goa too but a firm no thanks is usually enough.

However it is of course personal preference, this is just my opinion.
we went to sri lanka afew years back.

beautiful country.

in my opinion, horrible people. got spat at twice by youths on motorbikes passing us in the road and one day on the beach a man bent down in front of my girlfriends sarong while she was sitting down on the beach and started to look up it whilst waggling his tongue.toook me a few seconds to click before i chased him off.

wouldnt rush back suffice it to say!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.