Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Sri Lanka.
8 Posts
That sounds great! We're going to Sri Lanka for our honeymoon in November, so good to hear some positive comments! :-)
I am sure you will have a lovely time,we would love to go back one day!
thanks for posting your report Lady... we are travelling to Sri Lanka in August, and are also using REd Dot, a similar route to yourself - staying at Chayaa Village for 3 nights, visiting the sights [Polonuruwa . Sigirya, Dambulla], safari to Miniriya and elephant ride at Habarana, then on to Kandy for 2 nights. We then take the train to Ella for a night, then 2 nights near Yala. 2 more nights at Tangalle before our final stop at Bentota [Serendib Hotel]

This is a return visit for us, having been before , 17 years ago!!!! A little nervous about having our own driver, as we were with Kuoni before, in a group, but have heard fantastic reports about Red Dot so I'm sure we will be fine and the driver will be great.
Hi Claire, You are lucky having it to look forward too! I expect it has changed a bit since you were last there, but still beautiful.

Having your own driver is really good, you can stop where you want, alter things around to suit and they also suggest things you might like to see. They will try to get you to stop at certain places like spice farms, wood carving and jewellery shops but if you don't want to say no, we did! They get commission on what you buy but we did not go there to stop at these places. Our driver was very good, a perfect guide and we felt safe and relaxed with him.

Have a great time.
What is the weather like in Sri lanka in September. Looking for a hotel to stay no more that 100 rooms like it small and cosy

Is it worth going all inclusive?

jtd
Hi, Sorry can't really answer your question but you could get in touch with INVALID URL they are a local Sri Lankan company and we booked with them they are very helpful and would be able to answer your questions. They advised us very well and everything went to plan.
jtd, re the weather..this might help answer your questions somewhat. there's no one "right" time to go, it kind of depends on where you're going to visit - Sri Lanka has different climatic zones
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/sri-lanka/weather
http://www.asiahotels.com/weather/Sri_Lanka

There're certain points where you might be in destinations where you'll experience rain somewhere!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.