Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
To make it more difficult for some people to get their visas, no handwritten applications will be allowed after 23rd November.
After filling out our forms ready to take down to the visa office, i too have just found out that they will no longer accept hand written forms,i am fuming,what will happen to people who dont read forums or have computers,why are they making it so difficult,at the moment i am thinking "this really is the last time "
Oh No No No NO Debs! Dont want to miss out on the 40th wedding anniversary celebrations!

Do understand why people get so frustrated though, as you say there are many people who don't have access to a computer - Goan authorities like to make things difficult for us don't they :que If they want to woo the brits they have a strange way of showing it :)
and from 26th November, they have changed the size of the visa photo! Where will it all end :que :que
This is going a bit of subject but has anybody had the visa returned because the pictures were the wrong size? Its says 50 x 50mm but the standard photo both picture in the UK is 35 x 45mm. Most visa service site say just standard passport photos needed or any of the above or preferably 50 x 50mm. If they will only accept the 50 x 50mm - where do we get these - I can get them at the visa centre when I go in but my husband cannot - does he have the hassle of going to a photoshop to get these??? Waaaargghh we have discussed going elsewhere for winter holidays. Sooo much less hassle - fed up already and this certainly does not woo me!
If they will only accept the 50 x 50mm - where do we get these
:offtop yep going off topic however in the dedicated Visa Topic Chilly provided this link which might provide useful to you http://idphoto4you.com/
VISA problems apart one of the major factors for the reduced number of Brits in Goa must be the economics and financial climate. Plane tickets have shot up in price in the last year due to increases in taxes by the UK government and the Indians can do little about that.
By staying a month the price of the ticket becomes about 25% of the cost of the holiday compared to 50% if I stayed for a 2 week holiday. The longer I stay the cheaper it becomes on a per day basis. Of course the total goes up though ! I am lucky that I can do that but not everyone can.
I also think that they treatment received at the airport could be improved dramatically just by having more staff on duty and being allowed to check in your baggage and proceed to the departure lounge as soon as you arrive in the airport.Catching the 4.30am flight home is pretty rough going and not something to look forward to !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.