Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Went to Gocek Market last year. Caught a boat trip from Fethiye. We weren't there terribly long but I got the impression that it was very small and quiet. About 4 -5 restaurants, may be more, a few shops. A fraction of the size of Kalkan. It was extremely hot when we went there so didn't really have good walk aound and we were wilting just getting to the market and back. My impression was that it was very nice but maybe too small for a holiday. What about Dalyan?
Thanks for that- I got the impression from the villa descriptions I was reading today that there are more restaurants than that, although only one real street in the resort. :think Hadn't thought of Dalyan - early stages of planning at the moment, but will take a look there next.
Brilliant ellie_meg - thank you very much for providing all those links. I had not looked at Akyaka, but it is the kind of place which looks ideal for us (going with a friend for a girly week of sun, relaxation and peace). I will have a good look through everything and let you know what we decide - flights are looking really expensive from Scotland for next year at the moment!
yes its a lovely place and only 50 mins from dalaman airport too, we are going on tues for 15 nights cant wait
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.