Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Trips to Gocek
6 Posts
just have a walk along the marina and they are all advertised on chalk boards plenty to choose from :sun2
Hi Sha,
Can't speak about the market, probably the same one that is in Fethiye and Hisaronu, only probably smaller, as for travelling there you could always use the dolmus from Fethiye to Gocek, I am sure that they will run quite frequent, especially on market days.

:wink: Kev :wink:
Have looked at the leaflets I brought home. One from 'Carole & Tayfun' offers 'Cruise to Gocek market', price £6, departs from Fethiye at 11.30, returns 6pm, every Sunday, includes transfers. It says you get 2.5 hours ashore in Gocek. On the return trip, they stop at a bay for a swim.

I liked the sound of it myself and thought we might do it next time.

Here is the page from their website, where it only costs £5, so presume you can negotiate on the price!
http://www.caroletayfun.com/Package-Details.aspx?pId=4&cr=4
We liked the Gocek trip as an alternative to the 12 islands one, which we found a bit too long. I love the approach to Gocek and the market is fine, not too big.

We booked our boat trip along the harbour at Fethiye. It was £5 in 2005 when we went.
Thanks for all your replys.

we travel on wednesday and will definatly be doing this trip.
6 more sleeps!!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.