Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
going to krakow
44 Posts
While you are waiting for specific replies, if you put Krakow into the Search box at the bottom left of the page you will get all previous mention in this forum. There is also a topic in our City Breaks forum HERE

luci :wave
Hi went there on business for a couple of days in september, and loved it so much I'm taking my partner there for a break in May.

There are loads of nice places to eat and drink - especially around the main square.

You can get the currency in the UK, but sometimes have to order it in advance - plenty of cashpoints there though, so wouldn't take too much

have fun

kev
hi Adele we went there for my 50th birthday last year - you'll have a fantastic time. I won't say meals out are that much cheaper than here, but they are so tasty, and the restaurants cater for everyone. There was one restaurant where we had an outstanding meal in the main square. I'm sorry I can't remember it's name, but from the outside it looks a bit like the wild westThe main square is lovely, and there are plenty of walks and a nice shopping centre. You can do plenty of trips if you like - salt mines-- fab & Auswich - heart rendering. In my opinion the best buy is amber, which comes in all shapes & forms & in some beautiful colours.
we are staying in the slawkowska appartments, just of the market square,
we plan to do the trips too, cant wait for some reason im realy looking forward to this, more so than when i went t goa,
adele :)
Adele - we loved it too - such a different type of break. I hope you have a fab holiday like we did.
There is a great deal to do outside of the city .Austwich, salt mines and there is a national park close by .Also Zakopane .

We loved it there . I did a fairly detailed review here http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=17643&start=40
Hiya All..........

I am going to Krakow at the end of March with my girlfriend & was just wondering if anyone has been there lately & can give me any tips / advice on the best bars / restaurants to visit.......

I am staying in an hotel close to the Wawel castle which I believe is fairly close to the old town.

Any idea how much beers or a decent meal will cost etc....

I will also be doing the tourist things like salt mines, galleries etc :)
Which hotel are you staying at. We went for my 50th in December 2007. Prices were slightly cheaper than this country but the quality was superior. The nicest restaurants we found were around the main square, but also slightly more expensive. The salt mines were well worth a visit. Allow yourself a little more than half a day for the visit.
Hiya Helen.......

Thanks for the tips we are staying at the Hotel Senacki which I believe is close to the Wawel Castle.

I imagined the food would be of a higher quality than it is in the uk which sounds good to me just have to pick the right places for the pair of us to eat in !!!

I am there for 4 nights so I think that should give me plenty of time to do alot of the tourist type stuff.
4 days will be exactly right, especially if you get the right weather. We were there in December & even though it was really cold it was dry. We had a fantastic time there. You won't need to rush, just take your time and enjoy. We just did the Salt Mines and the Auswich - Birkenhau trip, both well worth doing. We never had a bad meal the whole time we were there, and all tastes are catered for. If I can help in any other way please let me know.
legs, we are going at the end of march too.. for 4 days,
thanks everyone for the tips
adele :)
It should be good even if the weather maybe abit fresh !!!!

I'm looking forward to it just need to get my money then im sorted.
Adele & legs - I'm sure you'll have a great time.
thanks helen,
anyone know how much money i should take, a rough idea please, i was thinking along the lines of £50 per day..

thanks adele
Slightly more Adele if you're intending going on trips, or just take a card and pay for them separately.
Is that between 2 of you Adele .I dont think that would be enough . sorry :( We took £300 for 3 days and I had to withdraw more . We did eat out for lunch and dinner and I wouldnt say it was particularly cheap . Remember to include the cost of any taxi's to and from the airport ,trips etc. Austwich is free to enter but you need to cost in how you get there .

lyn
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.