Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
shopping krakow
14 Posts
Hi mackmick - There is a large indoor shopping mall at Krakow - very chic. Very much like the shopping malls in this country with shops ranging from designer wear, to phones to electrical stores. In the Jewish quarter you also have the market hall, full of clothes & shoe stalls. Happy shopping.
Thanks Helen will have a look in the shopping malls :tup
If I remember correctly its in the direction of the railway station & taxi ranks.
The OldTown is great for shopping just walking round you'll see loooads of shops and then in the middle there's the Rynek Glowny with some of the best! Then in the middle of that theres the Sukiennice which means clothes hall...the ground floor is a huge market where you can buy sheepskin rugs...so poss sheepskin coats too!!

If malls are more your thing..there is a massive one Galeria Krakowska next to the central train station and another big one Galeria Kazimierz in the south of Kazimierz which has a cinema too. I dont think you'll be disapointed!
  • Edited by hilfbee 2009-03-06 13:41:35
Welcome to the forums, hilfbee. Could you try and avoid use of any phone text style abbreviations such as 'u' or 'ur' please, as these can cause problems for visually impaired members who rely on screen readers to browse the forums.

Many thanks.
David :wave
Thanks very much Hilfbee thats great info you have given me it was really appreciated will check them all out thanks
Hello everyone

Just wondering if anyone knows the name and address of the big shopping centre? (the one with the C&As!) We are going in a couple of weeks and I'd like to be able to look it up on google earth before we go.

Thanks a lot
:D Jayne :D
Jayne - that's probably the Galeria Krakowska-http://www.cracow-life.com/shop/shops_details/1154-Galeria_Krakowska - plenty of detail here for you.
You'll need a whole day to get round it Jayne.
Good, we have a whole day and are looking forward to splashing the cash! We've heard about things being cheap in Poland and are hoping that includes clothes?!

We got our Polish Zloty today and so we're getting all exciting now!
:D Jayne :D
Jayne - no doubt you'll find some bargains, but the majority of the clothes aren't much cheaper than here. I suppose it depends what you're looking for. You'll have a great time I'm sure.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.