Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
Krakow
160 Posts
Hi you will have a great time in Krakow but sorry I would not recommend the hotel we were at as it was too far out, you had to get a taxi to the centre.

There is lots of places to eat in the square and Poland is very cheap I have been there the last two years, the first year part of the time was Krakow. The square is lovely it is like a film set and it is a great place for watching the world go by.

You will love it and hopefully someone else on here can help with hotels.

Enjoy

Linda
Hi

Can't help you with hotels either as I rented an appartment off Central Square in Krakow but I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time.

I'd never been to Poland before last year and it was amazing - going back in the autumn as I loved it so much.

We enjoyed a ride in one of the horse drawn carriages - it seemed that we had gone back in time- also the many stalls selling loads of amber, glass and leather. Lots of buskers dressed in costumes.

We didn't have a bad meal all the time we were there.
My friends have been to Krakow twice now.The first time they stayed at the Hotel Polonia which they said was good and the last time they stayed at the Hotel Pollera which is even more central and just as good.I am also going to to Krakow and I have booked the Hotel Atrium, try the cracow life website for lots of ideas.
Have you considered renting an apartment instead of a hotel? You get more room and you have the opportunity to fix yourself a meal or a snack . This is what we are doing when we go to Krakow in August. If you are interested I can give you some addresses. In the meanwhile , if you go to this site , click on the link on the right and you can download a very useful 12 page travel guide to Krakow.

http://www.inyourpocket.com/free-instant-city-guides.html
Has anyone travelled with WizzAir to Krakow??

It flys to Katowice and how to transfer to Krakow??

Easyjet flys to John Paul II International Airport is that the same airport Wizzair and BA fly to??

Thanks!
Katowice and Krakow ( aka Balice or John Paul II ! ) are separate airports. The actual Krakow Airport is only 20 minutes by taxi to the town centre. According to my map Kotowice airport is about 45 miles from Krakow.

I found this information on Wizzair's web-site

Wizz Air's suggestion: We suggest you to take the bus from the airport to Katowice (railway station) where you also have the possibility to continue your trip to Krakow by train.

Buses are scheduled to run based on our schedule to and from the airport.
The service is available to/from Katowice and Krakow.

Prices:
1 way return
Katowice 15 PLN 25 PLN
Cracow 44 PLN 75 PLN

Book your ticket at http://www.turystyka.com.pl/wizzair/

By car: Katowice International Airport is situated 30 kilometers north from the Katowice and Cracow is just 70 kilometers further on the motorway.

By PLN I think this refers to the Polish Zloty . The exchange rate of which is 5.85 Zlotys to the Pound sterling.
Thx, Tris

I therefore want to hear if anyone actually flew with Wizzair and transfer to Krakow using that bus.... it does look a long transfer around 40mins.
Just booked a 4 day break to Krakow staying in the Hotel Atrium - looks ok on the web - has anyone stayed there
Any info would be a great help
just learnt the hotel is fully booked - now staying at the hotel sympozjum
I have booked a break at the Hotel Atrium staying in July, so if anyone has stayed here, please let me know what it's like..as rabrown states it looks good on the web.
Cheers
Tinka14
We have booked a long weekend in Krakow for May. Would be pleased to hear about any good quality restaurants in the centre of the city where we could go for a special meal. Also keen to hear about the price of drinks and any recommendations for bars to drink in - not disco type pubs :P
My friends went to Krakow last year and for a short weekend in Feb this year (and we are going in July :D ) They recommended a restaurant in the maio Market Sq called Wierzynek....if you have a look at this website,
INVALID URL and select Krakow, it will give you a total city guide..some of the restaurants have their own websites so you can have a look at the menus beforehand..this publication is constantly updated so there should be paper versions out at your hotel or in kiosks when you go, my friends picked one up and they are informative.They also ate out at the Sphinx which they also thought was alright, not as special as the first restaurant though.
A friend and I are interested in visiting Krakow and Auschwitz for a long weekend later on in the year. As neither of us have been to Eastern Europe before, we would be interested if anyone could advise us of any good tour operators for this area?

Thanks
Matt
hi matt

traveling to krakow in 3 weeks time - flying with sky europe from manchester (other airlines no frills are easijet and whizz air - both have websites.
booked a 4* hotel with a polish booking agency - http://www.yourpoland.co.uk who were 1/2 price of uk booking agencies.
done a fair bit of research on the net regards eating and drinking places plus what there is to see - http://www.cracow.com and http://www.explore-krakow.com are 2 good websites for info.

will post a report when we return

rab
my whole family are going to Krakow for a wedding in August, we are staying just off the main Square, spending 10 days there, it should be awesome, the website and restauraunt look good. :P
I loved Krakow cannot recommend names of restuarants but ate in quite a few in the main square and could not fault any. Lovely place.

Linda
over in krakow now
weather superb 85 degrees
beer is so cheap as well as food
people are superb - can highly recommend the place
will post a full report on return
it all sounds good, thanks for the info. 8)
Look forward to a report when you get back rabrown! I can't wait to go and rediscover Poland again....Krakow is getting write ups in the media nearly every week now and some workmates went over this weekend so I will get a report from them next week. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.