Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
so you want a place that as a bar right nextdoor? .Rosamar is more 18.30s now.

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/maps/san_antonio_bay02.htm

a few to pick from the map ok.just use the box on the right to see more ok.lots of very nice bars along that road .i mean loads of bars/clubs/ect.
Playa Bella Apartments are great if you have children, on the beach front with lots of bars and Restaurants a stone throw away.
Costa Sur/Sol Post Apartments are great for everyone just a few minutes walk to beach this also has loads of bars and Restaurants near by.
I've stayed at both these places and would recommend them.
We are going to the Sol Post on Saturday, really looking forward to having some fun and sun.
rosamar is great. you are close to the bars the top end of the bay BN3, sgt peppers2 and mari pins are good (all less than 5 mins walk). and only a 15 min walk away from other bars like Pink Panther (my fav) bucaneros, active, bay bar, donnigans. If your looking to get over to the westend then your best bet is either the water taxi only a couple of euros or a normal taxi, or if your feeling energetic then take the 40 min walk. We always book our accomadation in the bay stay here drinking till around 2 then get the taxi with friends over to the westend, but most nights we stay in the bay as its lively enough and thats where all our friends work.

given the choice i would stay at the rosamar time and time again they are by far the best apartments i have stayed in in ibiza.
Closer apartments to town are:

Palmyra
Ses Savines
Ibizamar

Not sure what they are like though.

Rosamar is by far the nicest - if I were you book here and get water taxi/cab/bus or even walk over to town.
Ibizamar is nice again 18.30s really 20s.but air con in rooms.very compact rooms.very nice.below are all the shops you will need.
We stayed in the Marina Playa in 2004 with Direct Holidays. Recommended. Not to far to walk to the centre (and there's bars galore whichever way you walk round the bar). Very large rooms (and the largest balcony we've ever had anywhere) and a room at the front would give you stunning views. The apartments are right behind Es Puet beach and there was a nice restaurant (LaDuna) just over the road.
Ibizamar is ok if you book before June 18th it turns into an 18-30 hotel then and its erm shall we say manic. dont get me wrong im a young un my self (24) but wasnt keen on the smashed glasses in the pool and around the pool area, other rooms were reported to have glasses thrown onto the balconys below. our last few days were a bit of a nightmare were glad to be checking out, on our last night we were greeted by a coach load of kids arriving, it was about 6am and they were how shall we say a little worse for wear! already causing trouble messing around with the lifts, digging up the plants from the garden, pissing in the bushes by the pool and the security guard had already had to break up a fight with 2 of the lads, as i say we were glad to be checking out the following morning.

If this is your kind of holiday then this is the place for you, if not then ibizamar is fine to book so long as your out before the "kids" arrive.
Agree with Vikkims on the ibizmar, my memories werent that good when i stayed there a couple of years back, they describe them as one bedroom but the bedroom is just a large hall that you have to walk through to get to the sitting room.

ses savines and the arenal (its sister hotel) are quite good, good location, fantastic seaviews but can be a bit noisey from peeps walking along the promenade coming back from a night out.

the Osris and Hawaii are both okay too, not too close to the town but not far enough to walk either, they are across the road from the ibiza mar just up from the sestanyol
Thanks for the info. It sounds like the Rosamar does have plenty going on around it and my OH's friend has recommended the Costa Sur/Sol Post as they were there last year and are going again this year. I've just booked our flights for 22 September so need to get some accommodation booked now or we might be sleeping on the beach for 2 weeks - bit old for that!
some nice apartments i stayed in last year and am going back to in june tis year are the la sirena 1 apartments. they are literally across the road from es pouet beach and have a great bar that serves everything from breakfasts to sarnies to roasts. at the top end of the bay they are about 25 min walk from the west end but its a nice walk cos on the way you can hit bars like itica bar m and so on. nice clean rooms decent size pool althouhg a bit cold lol and all rooms are sea view.
Sol Post/Costa sur are ok. They are down the far end of the bay towards Port des Torrent. Probably the furthest away from San An Town you can get. Lots of bars and shops around that area though.

Rosamar are lovely apartments. They are in a funny spot though. Seem to be stuck on their own. 5 minutes walk either way to bars/shops. (There are a couple of shops immediately at the bottom of the street from Rosamar). The sun doesn't stay too long on the pool either so its FREEZING!

Visited the Osiris for a couple of hours as had relatives staying there. Its very cosmopolitan, but that doesn't bother me in the slightest. Just booked for 5 nights in Oct.

Jim :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.