Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi HelenT, :D
I just typed Apartments in Torremolinos into Google and it came up with dozens, mainly the usual suspects; but also the private rental ones like Holiday rentals. com etc. I had a look at one private site and it had a really nice penthouse apartment on offer, don`t know if your dates were available; but we are keeping it in mind for next year. This particular site was http://www.coastalapartments.com ( sorry Helen; don`t know how to post a link :oops: ) Hope this is of some help & you get sorted out, have a great holiday. :lol:
Best Regards, Brigger
Hi, I live on the Costa del Sol and have done for 5 years. I know that many of you holiday makers (i was one too once) get a little ripped off when booking accommodation here. Websites battle for highest ranking so they can get to you first and charge the highest prices! For booking accommodation on the Costa del Sol you are best to use a Registered Spanish company that resides here. I know of an english speaking company that does offer very good deals on Apartments, Hotels and Villas. Not sure of the web address, but there telephone number is 0034 639 676174. I think they also do reservations on Golf course here too. But good company, good reports from here. Anyway hope you have a nice time, weather is still good !
Thanks for your replies. Will look into both suggestions. Mark will it be fairly warm at this time of year. We normally spend quite a bit of time around the pool, but we've never been at this time of year before. Thanks
Hi. What area of Torremolinos is the liveliest. I understand it's a big place and would like to know what part is the liveliest. Thanks
Well put it this way the last few days have been great, about 30 degrees, nice and sunny, but you do take chance this time of year. Might be overcast, might be fantastic !! All in all though, it's a lot warmer than the UK. A T shirt will suffice during the day and maybe a jumper for the Evening. No heating needed indoors yet either.
A big place?? Well not really that big, you can walk one end to the other in an hour or so. (It joins up with Benalmadena after that). Depends what you call lively and what you want to do in Torremolinos. In the day of course most people can be found near the front, there are bars everywhere and still fairly busy this time of year. Torre is also full of nightlife, but beware there are a LOT of gay bars and Clubs, not that i am at all homophobic, but it may not be your sort of thing !! Ask about with the bar owners for the best places to go that suit your taste. You wont have problem with language there either, Most people speak at least some english.
Oh and too the original question, that hotel booking company here has a website hotelsonlinespain dot com. There site is not up too much, but trust me they can fix you up with a good deal on accommodation here and they are based localy in Mijas Costa.
holidaylettings.co.uk is one of the best ever to look at,they are good for booking private places ,without paying extra 10-20% charges for companys charge on top.Companys have got to make a profit so it is on the person booking their holiday,not the letter.
I've used Alpharooms a few times and always found them reasonably priced. They seem to have rooms pretty much anywhere you would want to go.

http://www.alpharooms.com/
Hi,
We're going with Helen T, instigator of this thread. Pleased to say we're all booked up for next March. Staying at the El Tibor hotel, booked through travelrepublic. Had an excellent deal. Really looking forward already. Thanks to everyone for your advice.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.