Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
i have booked through alpha rooms to go to santa ponsa at christmas.
Try http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk.

This is a very good site - you deal directly with the owners which I always think is the best way.

Pippa
Also try http://www.wintersunshineholidays.com. They also offer 8% discount for futher bookings.

Robert
I booked our apartments for this years holiday through Alpha rooms and found them to be very good :D
Just put in a search for apartment rental santa ponsa & you'll get a list of sites to search. I've used both holidayrentals & holidaylettings so far & no problems.
(robert.....why have you Mussenden Temple as your avatar? Live nearby??)
I use Winter Sunshine Holidays all the time. :) They are the cheapest I have found. For transfers, I either use Shuttle Direct or Resort Hopper. I find them cheaper than getting a taxi from outside of the airport and very reliable.
We have used winter sunshine no problems and would definately recommend janerbus for tranfers, excellent service.
There's a very large selection on http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk.

Most owners (myself included) will answer any questions you may have then send you a booking form. When you return it they will ask for a reservation deposit with the balance payable eight weeks before you go. In addition you will be asked to pay a damage deposit which is returnable a couple of weeks after your return. I can honestly say that in four years I have never had to retain any part of the damage deposit since most guests leave the house in good order when they leave and no one is going to quibble about the odd breakage.

One word of advice: some owners are prepared to offer a one-bedroomed apartment to four people but two of you will end up on a sofa-bed in the living room. It's far more comfortable and not so much more expensive to rent a two-bedroomed apartment. Similarly, do make sure you let the owners know the total number in your party - I've heard of people being asked to leave for arriving with more people than they booked for...

It's a perfectly safe way to book accommodation, especially if you use one of the main sites such as the one above, since owners using these sites rely on them for their bookings and will not wish to jepodise future advertising. However, I recommend you make sure that anyone you are renting from uses a good local management company in case there are any problems during your stay.

In Santa Ponsa there are two distinct areas. The entertainment area, also known for historic reasons as the Irish Quarter, contains most of the bars, clubs and large hotels so is pretty lively. Ten minutes walk along the promenade, at the southern end of the bay, the area contains mostly residential apartment blocks and tends to be a tad quieter and has some of the better restaurants.

Have a great time!
I would recommend holiday rentals too.
Hiya Jojouk,i notice you recomending freedom direct,have you or anyone else out there used them?I am looking to to Santa Ponsa in june.I am a bit of a wuss, worry that there will be no hotel room when we get there.
oldies we have used alpharooms and found them brilliant.

I cant comment on holiday rentals but I have had a iffy experience on here by booking with an owner.......all I will say is if you do this.....MAKE SURE THAT YOU GET THE OWNERS APARTMENT and not another inferior one!!!

Please owners dont jump on me ............Im sure 99.999999 percent of you are brilliant, but Ive been a member of this forum for over two years and cannot in all honesty not put this on.
tootsie I agree with you they can't expect people to just put goodies on,when we all know there can be iffy ones too!!!!!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.