Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hello...My son stayed at the Grand Pasa last year,a very nice hotel.But it was very far away from the beach and shops,he hired a quad all week to get about,its right far back closer to the mountain erea.
I cant say about the other hotel.Hope it helps....

Cheryl
Thanks Cheryl

We're not really beach lovers so thats not too much of a problem,we're only going for a week so would like to see some of the sights,our son is really hoping to be with his girlfriend at her hotel because there are several water slides there,leaving us free to do what we want,I hope!!!
Oscarben

The Grand Pasa is in Siteler and the Antique Palace is in Armutulan. It wouldnt be too difficult to get from your hotel to the other.
Various ways you can go but not really in walking distance.

(1) You can take a dolmus from the main road straight along to Ataturk statue at the Marina. A number 2 from Tansas will take you right to the Antique Palace.
(2) Or you can take the dolmus to Point Centre, get a number 3, which will take you to the bus station at Armutulan Square. The Antique Palace is maybe a 5 minute walk from there.
(3) Taxi - 10 minute ride from Grand Pasa to Antique Palace. We got taxis back from Migros to Armutulan but I cant really remember how much it cost but know it wasnt excessive.

Hope this helps a little. It really isnt far but its just the case of getting familiar with the area and finding your way around.
Oscarben

Just another little bit of information that might help you find your way around. Look at website http://www.allaboutmarmaris.com

If you click on Miscellaneous you will find information on local buses. Its very helpful cos it shows you the colour of the buses and the routes. Also have a look at this map which someone posted:

http://127.photobucket.com/albumsp134/gunny... (Hope it works)

Remember the dolmus will pick you up and drop you off anywhere on their route.

If I can help with anything else please ask.
Hi Morh

Thanks for your help,it is really appreciated.I thought the hotels looked closer than that.T.
Hi we stayed at the antique palace last year, we spent many a mile travelling about on the dolmus. they run very frequently and are easy to find so i'm sure your son and girlfriend will be able to meet up.
just a word to the wise though....if your son wants to spend time at Antique palace to go on the water slides check the times first as thay only open at allotted time slots!
by the way also tell him to check out Amadeus bar...it's just up the road from Antique palace but lovely food.

Sandra

:wave:
Thanks Sandra

We may ask for more help closer to our holiday if that's okay with you.Tina.
Hi we stayed in Gran Pasa last year it is 5minute at the most from Marmaris beach.

But Antique palace he would need to get 2 dolmus buses its not relly a problem to do if you know what your doing,but if he aint been before it can be a nightmare.

There is water slides at Gran Pasa which is a fantastic A/I hotel :tongue
Hi Celine

So glad you enjoyed your time at Gran Pasa,we spent ages debating where to go but decided on that one because you and morh both recommended it and it seemed much closer to Antique Palace than Marmaris Palace.The rooms look quite large on website but we're wondering if they've just shown the best or are they all similar,also can you tell me please if pool towels are provided,it cuts down on packing,we're only going for a week ,October half term.Is there a good variety of drinks on AI as some people have said not much choice and all watered down,do you think that happens here? Sorry so many questions but I really appreciate any help,Tina.
Yes pool towels are provide clean each day we did enjoy our time in Gran Pasa the rooms are huge and very comfy you get a fridge best rooms we have had in a long time drinks were good but have had better at Green Nature hotel which is right next door to Gran Pasa so have a look about that one to that is ultra all inc and only classed as a 4 star you get late breakie at Gran Pasa which is good.

I personally say Gran Pasa is a adult base hotel not really for kiddies but each to there own you will either love it or hate it xx

Look forward to your review x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.