Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Where exactly is this ?

Is this the Grand Azur and maybe renamed as Joy have given it up or could it maybe the Pasa Beach hotel re named ?

John
H I was asking about the Grand Pasa Hotel in Turkey, the hotel is in Marmaris resort, its only been open since April 07, so I cant find no reveiws on the hotel.
Could anyone please tell me anything about this hotel, its a new hotel it isnt another hotel thats just changed names.

Thanks alot Fred
Fred I have just had a look on the Thomsons website and according to the map on there the hotel is bang in the centre of the Bazzar right next to the Mosque so that is definitely wrong.

I know its not on the beach front as I would have seen it so maybe its up at the back of Armutalan.

I know its not the help you wanted but its a start and may get others looking.

John
Fred I have just sent you a pm with a link to some reviews.

It is facing the Pineta De Lux hotel.

John
Hi its right behind the Pineta Deluxe Hotel it was just opened last year
We have booked up staying there this year we had a look around it last Oct its fantastic talked to a few people and they stated food is nice rooms are excellent free pool towels water slides for kiddes etc etc .
This was advertised in the sun the other day looked very nice
Hi,
This is an easy one.

Try checking out the Grand Pasa on the sites for tripadvisor.com , Thomsons and holiday watch dog . There are at least 10 reviews on each site. Im going to book the Grand Pasa All inclusive for July within the next 30 mins or so and am just checking the reviews now. Looks good and judging by the reviews, both yourself and i shouldn`t be disappointed. It seems travelrepublic.co.uk are the cheapest with a bigger choice of room type.

Hope this helps

:tup
Hi ,does anyone know if this hotel has pool towels to hire,if so how much please,thanks,T.
Yes, they do have pool towels. I think we paid about 5 lira deposit each but i'm not entirely sure, they might even have been free. You get a card and then swap it each day for a fresh towel.
Thanks wizyfam3,sorry I haven't replied earlier but I've been having problems with my pc,I could read posts but couldn't reply,hubby changed the browser and all seems well now.Did you enjoy your stay at the Grand Pasa?
Did you have any teenagers with you and if so were they happy with the hotel?We've just got home from Cyprus and although the hotel was good and the food was fab,our 15yr old was bored stiff,he was too young for the adult games and felt too big for the kids games.He's 16 just before we go,having an extra holiday instead of a party so hope he'll find enough to do,fingers crossed.T.
Hi again. Yes, we really enjoyed the Grand Pasa. When we went it was our October school holiday week, there were loads of teenagers there but not much for them to do. They just tended to hang about together, playing pool and messing about making their own entertainment (as they do at that age!). The food was great, and available all day every day. The pool was great but a bit cold at that time of year. There's also an indoor pool but we didn't use that much. The evening entertainment wasn't great but we were only there for a quiet time to get some sun and set us up for the winter so that didn't bother us too much. I am sure you will enjoy the Grand Pasa.
Hi wizyfam3,we're going in October half term,same as you did,our son's girlfriend will be in a different hotel in Marmaris so we'll probably all meet up somewhere between the two hotels several times during our stay.I'm not too bothered about the pool ,I just want a bit of sun again.Knowing that we haven't got to take towels is rather a bonus,we're hoping to travel light,we couldn't bring anything home with us from Cyprus because we were only just within the weight limit,if Turkey is as cheap as some people say we might want to do some shopping!!!T.
Pool towels are free you dont [pay a deposit you get a towel card that you hand in each day for fresh towels :tongue
Hi,when we were in Cyprus last month we had to pay a10e deposit each,we were told that we could change them every 3 days but went whenever we wanted,we took "itsas" so only had one towel each,do you know if we could have two each,would save taking the "itsas" as they are quite heavy and I'm trying to save weight for our return.Thanks,T.
Sorry if i'm sounding thick here - but, what's an "itsas". I've tried every combination of words I can think of but nothing that fits makes any sense! I think you only get one towel per person, as that's all the cards you get and you swap each card for a towel. :think
Hi an itsa is a beach towel that fits on sunbeds

http://www.theitsa.com/

they are fantastic but as said before they are heavy in your luggage but I make sure make room for mine when I go on holiday
Hi All,does anybody know if it would be possible to pay for my son's girlfriend to eat with us at this hotel,she is staying with her parents in the same resort.I appreciate that we could all go to a restaurant but it would nice to invite her to our hotel.Thanks for any advice,T.
Hi Oscarben

I havent stayed in this hotel but cant imagine there would be any problem in someone else eating there. We have been in hotels in Turkey before when we have brought along "visitors". You would either ask the head waiter or go to reception and pay the price they ask for dinner in the hotel.

Sure your son will find his way ok between your hotel and the Antique Palace. Hope you will do a review on your return.

Have a great time!
Thanks morh,when we were in Cyprus last month non-residents could come in and were charged just over 20e,seems a lot but the food was good and drinks were on tap.My son is still with his girlfriend ,now we're beginning to wish that we had all booked the same hotel,it would have been so much easier.T.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.