Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi,
first of all let me tell you that wherever you go you'll love Greece. All the Greeks are child friendly and the weather will be gorgeous in July. As for where you'll stay it's a matter of personal choice. will you be self catering? do you want children's entertainment thrown in? Are you after a popular resort or are you looking for something quieter? There are loads of opinions in this forum for you to browse. Also don't forget to look at the Corfu and Rhodes forums which are separate to this one. Let us know of any specific requirements or if you can narrow down your choice of resorts. Look forward to hearing from you.
hello,
I would prefer all inclusive and also somewhere were watersports are popular and yes children entertainement would be a plus. Id like somewhere that isnt a clubbing 18-30 feel holiday, but not too quiet.
Hi The Greeks all love children, they are not just tolerated but encouraged. Both Kardamena in Kos and Argassi in Zakynthos are particularly child friendly. Both resorts are relatively flat ( ideal for buggies) I can't reccomend a hotel because we stayed self catering, but the two resorts have numerous bars and restaurants. Nightlife is lively but not over the top.
i wouldnt mind staying self catering as well just looking the options and whats good for childreen as thats my main worry, ive heard about the kos aqua club but not sure about it right now.
Kardamena has a nice beach with a Mc Donalds right beside it. My grandchildren were 1 & 3 when we went 2 years ago, and there was a lovely children's land train there which they enjoyed. We went as a family of 17 the oldest being 66 and the youngest 1, and we all had a great time
Been to many countries and many of the greek islands and travelled all around them. Greece seems to be the only country that i have not been plagued by rain. Have travelled there in may, june, july and sept and guaranteed a decent tan. We went to Kardamena in Kos in the June and found it very hot and very lively also found the sea not suitable for my children as there was a major drop off, Having said that Kos has many nice beaches such as Paradise (bubble) beach and the one in Tingaki. Best greek island i have visited in my opinion is the north end of Corfu, ideal for children.
We have been to Crete a number of times in the Chania area, Agia Marina and Platanais are great for families. Not over the top or lary. Lovely beach with water sports for a 16 year old, bus ride away is the Aqua Park. Small train that takes you into the hills and villages from Platanais. Lovely restaurants of all kinds, greek dancing, supermarkets banks ATM's and car hire, lovely gift shops to look around. Even a small crazy golf on the Ag. Marina main road. If you decide to go there the Horiatiko and Aletri Restaurants are child friendly (as are all of them in Greece) and do lovely local food. There is a cinema in Chania that have the latest films with Greek subtitles before we get them in the UK, there is an open air one in Platanais but it has never been opened when we have been there. It will be hot in July though! Wherever you choose in Greece is lovely for kids and adults and you can get most of what you need for babies in the supermarkets and the doctors/chemists are easy to find too. Happy hunting!
Have been to many islands in Greece found most of them child friendly kefalonia is our favourit Corfu is ok, stay clear of SIdari lovely for the younger element but us in our 60's did not really relish it we did not find it very Greek most of the bars and restaurant had big screen tv showing Emmerdale, Coronation Steet, Eastenders, basically all the soaps which suits some people.
Hope you enjoy wherever you decide to go but Greeks will enjoy children.
pojo
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.