Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
It is typically around 30C - but can get up to over 40 in July and August in Greece, which is why I now prefer to go early or late season. It will feel cooler on a boat with the sea breezes but don't forget lots of high factor suncream.
Hi Alit :wave
There are good winds (The Meltemi wind is described as a warm wind ) flowing down right through the Greek islands so you may hit somewhere near the 40's on a sheltered beach with a sea level temperature near the beach at around 27' but, on a moving cruise ship you should be very comfortable with the temperature.

As Mariah suggests dont forget the sunscreen :oops:

Sailing link for wind info with a map of the winds
http://www.sailingissues.com/meltemi.html

paul..
Thank you - might go up to factor 20 then this year? It hit 45 degrees when i was in Turkey one year - i went red rather quickly but was only 18 then so kept forgetting the sun lotion :oops: it will be air con on the ship but will be off ship for 12 hours in say Athens so want to prepare my skin! Will have a few sunbed sessions before i go to help.

Will have a look at the link later on.....

Thanks Alison 8)
Hi Alison - Athens will be mega hot in July. Have been twice in July, landing there then onwards by ferry from one of the ports - and believe me it is warm to say the least :sun :sun :sun We are off to Paros which is not far from Santorini in July too and have started buying my sunscreen now!
Heather
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.