Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Christine,
that sounds more like an endurance trial than a holiday!! All of the islands are different but you just dont have enough time to appreciate them. Some of the most beautiful islands only have one connection a day (if that) so it might be an idea to look at a ferry timetable and have a rethink, good luck.
Yeh that is a pretty hectic schedule and would involve a vast amount of time on ferries and looking around for hotels. My opinion would be to drop the Turkey side of things (do that next year!) I dont think you'd get enough out of that trip, unless you were going for a month.

I suppose if you flew into Rhodes or Kos and ferried across to Symi or Kalymnos and then went onto Turkey from there it would be alot better. The Athens and Istanbul side of things are the real killers in terms of making the travelling time alot longer.

If you are going to go to Athens try this :-

Athens 2 days onto
Tinos :- 2 days
Paros :- 3 days
Naxos :- 3 days
Santorini :- 4 days fly home from here.

You'd get loads out of it, culture, sun, great food, relaxation and beautiful beautiful islands.
You wouldnt spend all your time on ferries and you see completely different types of resorts.

Hope this helps!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.