Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
hi,we had the same problem 2 years ago in ibiza,and i had to brush it out it was horrendous,never again.i also had to cut a few chunks off.then take her to the hairdressers when we got back.sorry its not better news :cry: mo
Kerrie

Hope you managed to get your daughters hair sorted. Did it happen when you were just washing it or were you trying to take the braids out?

We came back two weeks ago from Salou and my daughter had her hair braided. We took the braids out the weekend just gone. When I washed it, it was fine. When it was time to take braids out I undid each one, one by one, carefully, and even then they got slightly tangled and my daughter got upset cos it was hurting a bit, but I am very lucky that didn't happen to my daughters hair.

Hope you managed to get it sorted.

Emma xxx
Every year we are on holidays my daughter gets her hair braided but this year her hair all broke at the start of the braid so she is left with some very short hair at the top of her head.

But more frightening I was listending to a radio station her in Ireland a few weeks ago and the mother of a little girl who had her hair braided in Mojacar was on. To get a long story short about two weeks after she came home her scalp broke out in a terrible rash with black spots and her hair fell out. After a few weeks in and out of hospital and on the net it was diagnosed as a for of Ring Worm which is only found in Africa and the only Africans the little girl had come in contact with were the ladies who did her hair braids. So just be careful. My daughter heard this story on the radio and decided she will not be getting her hair braided on holiday again. :( :(
Thanks for the replies everyone,
Her hair was alittle tatty when the braids were taken out but got worse when it was washed, so i rewashed it over the bath and added more conditioner that is when it bonded itself together into what i can only explain as a tattered up bun in the middle of her head.
I had friends and family along with myself trying to prize it out with combs but it was no good. Yesterday i had to take her the hairdressers to have it cut out. she had hair down her back with no fringe now she has it just above shoulder length,layers and a fringe :cry: But i am happy to inform that she loves it :lol: and doesnt want it long again.
She got very upset though as she is only ten and at one point the hairdresser said she might have to go very short(very scary to go from hair down your back to short)even for a adult never mind a child.
My youngest daughter also had braids but her hair was not affected at all.
Only thing is now she wants hers cut to :roll:
I will not have their hair done again when we go away. All i can say is NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!! :tut
Thanks again for all your help
Kerrie.
P.s Three hairdresses said they had never seen anything like it before in all their time working.
hi off to salou in 5 weeks and have a daughter age three and was wonderin if it would be a good idea to have her hair braided half way any comments are appreciated :D
HI shan22 if your daughter want it done go for it my daughter got half her head done in salou 2year ago when she was 8 and loved it. there are plenty about in the centre they all have there stands in beetween the shops. my girl got hers done outside our hotel the dorada palace and the lady was very good and popular so i would say go for it

yours the fatboy
I had mine done last year, it does hurt though and bear in mind if your daughters only 3 she will have to sit still for a while! Also make sure you cover her scalp in suntan lotion as my scalp got badly burned. :shock: and
My daughter got hers done outside the Darada Palace aswel and it was the best braiding she has ever had.
It can leave your hair in a right mess so be careful.
As others have said you will find loads of the women that do it around the resort, a lot of the little kiddies that get braids tend to get all of the front done so that the back of the hair is still hanging, sort of like having a headband of your own hair, it looks nice and would`nt take half as long to do as the full head, there are a few piccies here,
http://www.braidsbysabrina.com/gallery_caucasian.htm

Loulou
Hi All!
I had mine braided last October when I was there for a week, big kid that I am!! It makes your hair easier to manage when you are on your hols but I have to say it took ages to take out, and it hurt!! I would suggest shopping around as the prices varied from 30 euro to 12 for a half head. The main places on the pedestrianised areas charged the most so its best to go on to the back streets where you can haggle a bit. Im sure your daughter will love it!
Cheers supersox :lol:
could anyone tell me how long it woult take to do half head her hair is fine but she has alot of it thank you :lol:
Hi
Took about 3/4 hour for mine, i've got quite thick long hair. It may be less for thinner hair. They use this horrible grease, like vaseline before they braid it, it takes ages to wash out.
Cheers supersox
Took about 40mins for my daughter and she has long hair. lengh never been cut in 10year and the lady outside the dorada palace never used any greese still have the photo above my computer go had have fun :D :D :D

the fatboy
I also asked for help on this one.The subject was (braids for kids please help urgent!!!!!) Its on page two.
Please go and read what we went through and the help other members of HT gave me.
Please dont have it done without reading everything.
Hope it helps weigh things up for you
Kerrie :wave
Thanks Kerrie :tup

I've merged the topics.

Pippy :D
Your welcome Pippy
I know that everyones hair is different(other daughter was fine)but i would hate to think this could happen to another little girl and her family it really was a terrible thing to have happened.Forgot to mention in the last post that the hairdresser had said it was like one massive dreadlock(spelling??)
If you decided to have it done as many do and have no problems i hope it turns out ok for you. :wave
Kerrie
Going to Salou in 2 weeks. Staying at El Paso Hotel. My daughter (6) is desperate to get her hair braided. Can you tell me where in Salou I can get this done and roughly how much it will cost.

Thanks
there doing it every where i read on here about it not being a good idea so my daughter didnt get heres done when we went last week
I wouldn't recommend having kid's hair braided in Salou. My daughter had half her hair done last year, and although we were lucky and it didn't tangle, it was so greasy from whatever it is they put on the hair before braiding it that I was constantly washing it. It took a while for it to get back to normal. Also they do have to sit for quite a while and it was painful at times. Personally I'd steer well clear.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.