Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We travelled back just over a week ago. We had heard of the new rules, and we had bottles of water, and were determined we were going to hang on to them as long as possible!
However despite the fact I was holding a bottle in my hand, nobody took any notice, and had I not drunk it I think I would have been able to board the plane with it.
We didnt notice any signs about it either, so at that time they weren't enforcing it. Thats not to say they won't though!
Returning from Antalya at beginning of May, the only place it was enforced was after passport control. Duty free bottles now placed in sealed bags. On last scan before boarding, no liquids or drinks except the 100ml per bottle rule. They were also asking for watches to be removed, and testing some cosmetic items.

U need your small plastic bag, same as departing UK.
they seem to find my hubbys ipod worrying, the last twice we have been to turkey we have been stopped with it and questioned , they had the small speakers and ipod out a few weeks ago asking what it was etc, i thought ipods were very well known :think , last time i had it in my hand luggage so ive told him he can carry it from now on :rofl , i hate being stopped despite never having anything i shouldnt lol
They do seem pretty hot at Dalaman . Last year no problem at all on the way out from Gatwick but on our return at Dalaman they firstly pulled my 12 year old sons bag . He had been carrying a fair sized pair of scissors in a pencil case . We didnt have a clue . Next they took out and inspected a portable DVD player belonging to another son that had shown up something suspicious . practically had the thing apart but in the end just made notes for both that they had been pulled in inspected.

with all the extra security at the airports here I still can't believe they didnt spot the scissors . It took the Turks to do the job properly .

lyn
They seem to go from one extreme to the other Lyn. As I said in my earlier posting we walked through with water bottles no problem. The other thing we noticed is that as our hand luggage was going through the scanner, the person supposedly looking at the screen, wasn't at all!! One person was making a big thing of getting us to take off belts, watches etc., The one checking what went through was having a joke with his colleagues and anything could have gone through and he wouldn't have even noticed!
Alfie, You forget to mention to others that at Dalaman Airport you actually go through two sets of security scanners First one as you walk into the Airport before check inn, Second one at your boarding security gate.
Came back on Monday,took liquids in our hand luggage at Dalaman,they went through both scanners and we took some on the plane,didnt see any signs about liquid restrictions.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.