Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Harbour???
8 Posts
A?N Has a fairly new harbour when last there bars etc were fairly close
Joe,

The harbour area in Ayia Napa is thriving and has been fully pedestrianised in the last few years......it's very nice down there with lots of bars and nice fish restaurants.......some people rate is as their favourite part of the resort.
It is certainly one of my favourite spots. Great for watching boats or just chilling out and watching people. The food and drink are reasonably priced (beer 1CYP in some bars) and a nice relaxed atmosphere. There are loads of fish in the harbour, it's great to chuck a bit of bread in and watch them devour it.
There is also a wooden walkway that extends quite a way along the coast, not sure how far it goes, but not recommended in high summer as it's too hot to walk far.
The harbour is a great place early morning and afternoon/evening. It is peaceful and in the early morning you can see the fish being landed (large Tuna in June/July) They are sold and packed just down from the Marine Police Station. After approx. 14.00hrs the majority of PR people for the various boat trips have left the harbour/ beach front so the whole experience becomes more relaxed! There is a pedestrianised area behind the harbour that has various cafe bars etc however, The Vassos fish restaurant is recommended by the locals and sits slightly raised in the middle of the harbour, great for a late lunch or evening meal, with a good view.The town beach is right next door and the wooden pathway that Bellavista mentioned leads all the way to Nissi Beach, a good 45mins walk.......enjoy!
This sounds lovely.
Can anyone tell me how much it would cost for a taxi to the harbour from Protaras please ?
Alex......the usual cost to Ayia Napa is around £10-12CYP depending on the time of day.......the harbour shouldn't be any more. There's actually a taxi rank at the top of the pedestrianised area of the harbour so they'll be happy to drop and pick up from their and there's always plenty of them.
You can also catch a bus from Protaras, its dead easy!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.