Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Pretty harbour
9 Posts
There is a decent marina at Benalmadena or you could go to Puerto Banus, although that is a bus journey.

The train only goes as far as Fuengirola where you can get a bus to Marbella, or I think you can get a bus all the way from Torremolinos.

luci :wave
You will be staying next door to one of the best Spainish harbours around.Benalmadena Marina is fantastic. It is situated next door to Torremolinos theres loads of bars to have a drink in.
Shirley, am I right in believing you're staying at the hotel Tiburon in La Carihuela district of Torremolinos.?

If so, as Christine says, you have Benalmádena Marina within a short stroll away.

There is a video of the Marina and the area where you are staying ...in the video library at the top of the main costa del sol page.

Puerto Banus is a bus ride away and unless you like looking at the filthy rich and being charge extortionate prices for your cup of coffee...then stick to Benalmádena Puerto, is my advice.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiii
Ah the joys of Puerto Banus. Spotted no less than 11 Ferraris in the Marina not so long back. Ther is a wonderful Tapas Bar (its part of a chain) away from the Marina. Up past the central plaza close to shops.

They bring the Tapas out to you for you to decide what you want and you can get a great meal for next to nothing.

Nivsy
Thanks for the replies.
Hi Sanji. Yes we're staying at el Tiburon. I'll take a look at you video clip in a minute - thanks. My husband agrees with you. He doesn't see why I'd want to go and look at the "stinkin rich" and pay extortionate prices :que . However, I just thought of spending an hour or so in Marbella for a change of scene.

Nivsy, I don't supose you remember the name of that tapas bar do you? :think However, if it takes too long to get to Marbella I don't think we'll bother. I thought that if we could pop on the bus or jump in a taxi for say 15-20 mins we'd go otherwise forget it. Any ideas how long it would take us?

Thanks again
Tapas chain is called Pintxto (Basque for pincho apparently) and they are very good. There are several around, Puerto Banus near Corted'Ingles, Fuengirola near Plaza de la Constitucion and Marbella on the road that runs between the old town an the beach.
Thats the one big chiv! Spent many a happy munching hour or so there! They also have a new one down in La Linea (amongst the many tapas bars) there before Gibraltar.
There's a lovely little tapas bar just along road from Tiburon think they call it Sylvia - on the corner with plastic chairs but good food.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.