Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi,
the e-mail address we have (from last year is) francisd'souza48@yahoo.com, telephone 832 5610519 or 9860138214.

Steve
Hi

We stayed at Pretty petals last March for 3 weeks & couldn't fault it. I would rate it cleaner & furniture better than some 3* ie Highland beach. There is a different tarrif for different rooms, we stayed in room 108 which was lovely, it's a nice size. Before we booked e looked in most rooms & in our opinion this was the best. Jessy the owner is lovely & the gardens are well maintained.

There isn't a swimming pool but you are allowed to use her husbands hotel Sunset Beach.

I would definetly recommend it.

AJ
Pretty Petals is owned by the same people who own the Sunset Beach Hotel, we've stayed at the Sunset 5 times but not Pretty Petals, if you look on their website both are similar in style and I would imagine that they are of the same standard. We are considering staying at Pretty Petals in March (we are actually booked to stay at the Silver Sands but didn't rate it much when we stayed there in December) we have had a quote from them and it seams very reasonable, less than the upgrade at Silver Sands. They don't have a pool, but you can use the pool at the Sunset.

Debs
I have asked for Pretty Petals to be added to our reviews. Hopefully some kind soul :wink: will give it its first review!
Had a look around Pretty Petals when it seemed our current digs would be unavailable next November. It would be my first choice.

The rooms were very clean, quite large, although they are different shaped, and well equipped. We spoke to residents who loved it and spoke with the owner who was really nice and helpful.

It has really nice gardens, too. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it.
We stayed their 11 years ago and loved it - nice large clean room with verandah - basic furnishings but comfortable. Then in a relatively quiet lane has been built up somewhat since then but still very pleasant.
We would have certainly returned there but it disappeared from the holiday brochures for a few years. It is just a few minutes walk to the beach, go in the other direction and you are a couple of minutes away from the main Candolim - Calangute road.
I believe the same family still own Pretty Petals, lovely people and more than helpful when O/H got a severe case of delhi belly - nothing to do with the food, swallowed sea water when out diving. They arranged doctors appointments, transported him there and back, really kind folks.
We now rent privately but would have no hesitation in going back there if our apartment wasn't available
Fiona

I've submitted a review, just so that I feel good, knowing you will think of me as a kind soul.

AJ
You certainly are AJ! :D
Here is the review for everyone to read
Thanks everyone.
Fiona it must be your luck I emailed PP and received a reply the next day on 2 occasions.
Mind you I emailed Casa seashell twice a couple of weeks ago and I am still waiting for a reply.
I dont like it as how long does it take to reply hmmm
rgds :lol:
I e-mailed Pretty Petals yesterday to enquire if the room was still available in March and what method of payment they required. I received an e-mail back today confirming it was and because we have been guests at the Sunset Beach over the last 6 years, no deposit was required and that we can pay on arrival, I thought that was really good of them.

Debs
just to add here - I have not contacted PP at all. All I've done is add it to the reviews :D
Where is the Pretty Petals? It says close to Candolim beach but can anyone tell me exactly where? Thanks
Go down the main beach road in Candolim, turn right by the car park, go past the Silver Sands follow the road round past the old Peacock Pub and you will see the Ave Maria guesthouse on the right hand side, turn up the lane at the side of it and Pretty Petals is the next guest house up on the right hand side. We have just confirmed our booking with them for 3 weeks in March.

Debs
can someone give us HTers an idea of how much it is to stay here, the review doesn't say much really
Rooms varied from approx 1000rps per night to 1300rps per night room only. Sorry I didn't put much in the review but was in a bit of a hurry. Seeing as you have made me feel guilty here goes, Fiona any chance you can add this to my review.

Our room had a kingsize bed, large wardrobe, and other storage, drawers etc. There was a fridge in the room, comfy chair, tv & bathroom. A large balcony with cane padded furniture & a communal balcony at the front. Some of the other rooms had plastic chairs, that's why they vary in price. Yoy can chose wether to have ???? turned or or not, I think it was 150rps extra per night.

We paid 1000rps without ???? in March last year but that was our choice, however this price was honoured because we booked prev yr, should have been 1150rps.

The gardens are beautiful & it is in a peaceful location, yet it's on the lane next to Snow White Laundry, opposite side of road to market near football ground. Infact its a little further down then F/ground & if you come out of PP you can either walk straight up 1 min from main Rd or down towards Peacock pub. We used to sit on the balcony & watch all the beggars get dropped off, locals going about their business & the dancing cow.

There is no safety deposit box but Jessy will store it in her safe. When we arrived there was 6 bottles of water in our room & at the end of our stay we were charged 130rps. There is no bar.

It is far superior to Casa Sea Shells rooms (we've stayed in them). Before we booked we looked around at least 6 rooms that were going to be available on the dates we required.
Good description Ameliajane and it's definitely a good spot! When I asked Jessy about price last November she said 1500 per night but all guest houses seem to bumping up prices at the moment. There's probably some room for negotiation.
Ameliajane
I have asked admin to add to your review-not sure if that is do-able but we'll find out!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.