Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
I booked a hotel in Bulgaria ( :yikes :yikes ) a couple of years ago which had yet to open.

NEVER AGAIN!

The trauma we went through worrying whether or not it would be ready in time was horrible. In the end we cancelled and went to Menorca instead.

There are several topics throughout HT regarding new-build hotels. Read any of them to see the rollercoaster ride you could be in for :?
We booked for the CSR in Sharm last year and it didnt open until the week before we travelled - to be honest it took the 'looking forward to your holiday' away as there was such a huge amount of concern on this forum before we travelled, not expecting to finish on time etc.

To be honest though it was fine, but a fair amount of teething problems, untrained bar staff, gardens pretty barren looking, problems with the pool, etc.

Personally I would leave it a year then all these things will be well ironed out.
Thanks all,

I was looking at Savita Resort and Spa in Sharm - people booked to go now have been moved to other hotels, Thomsons say it will be ready Jan and 1st Choice Feb. We wanted to go at the end of May ... but as you say it might be open but with loads of teething problems.

So working on Jaz Mirabel Beach (sol y mar Mirabel Beach with a name change) It opened a few months ago and seems to be getting there so appreciate the problems some had when it first opened. Need now to get a really good price!! but it only seems to be in Thomsons.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.