Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
I doesn't look as though there is a health centre in Benalmadena but there's one in Fuengirola. See this web site
There is a clinic in Arroyo near the train station.I had to visit for a sore throat in June and walked in,filled out the form,seen a doctor and walked out with antibiotics in my pocket in less than 10 mins(honestly).Unbelievable. I didnt need to pay a penny.
The website link given seems to be a little out of date! there is also a health centre at benalmadena costa, there are also some local GP's. The Europa hospital quoted as in marbella actually changed its name some years ago and is a private one. Best to ask locally when you are there :)
thanks for the info guys. I think you can only use the e111's at the nearest GP to the hotel you're staying as when I was ill in Benidorm they were turning away a couple who had come from further away!
Cheers
Hi Chivas
You can use your card (e111) wherever you want.The clinic in Arroyo is just round the corner from the train station.Enter the door marked Urgencias (spl).Some hotels will direct you to a GP who is on there books and they will charge you a fee which they tell you to claim back from your insurers.The clinic will not charge you but may give you a prescription which will incur the normal Spanish prescription charge (minimal).Hope you dont need any medical service.Have a great time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.